Wallbouncing is what makes gears unique but they're slowly taking it away

They need to update the movement system to where the characters move alot faster . I have everything on 30 and it feels like I’m on 10 sensitivity. Either make it better or equilvolent to Gears 4. Movement is trash in 5

3 Likes

Deliberate…so non gears players can play…i think🤔

2 Likes

It’s the cqc gameplay that makes gears unique. Not an exploit of the game mechanics. Wallbouncers are quite easily dispatched with more simple, steady movement.

3 Likes

I dunno, I think the game is already unique for several dozen other things. Wallbouncing is just a unique technique,

The move IS sadly being nerfed, but I don’t think it’s really as imperative to Gears as people perceive it to be, like the game will be ruined without it. The game will always be Gears of War, but it’s a lot like Halo 3 - Halo 5 with sprint. The ability is good but a game without it won’t be doomed. It’ll be an inconvenience at best, and players will someone how find a loophole to be better without it lol.

Even then, wallbouncing isn’t an unbeatable strategy by far anyways. If I had a dollar for every wallhumping Kat or Kait I’ve fought, maybe I’d actually be able to afford the game’s atrociously priced skins :joy:

If they squash wall bouncing then its over. Simply because of sliding into cover. Would have to remove that too. These guys have no idea what Gears is or what fans want. I wouldnt be surprised if the shotgun got nerfed or removed.

I love gears. But crazy wallbouncing is just stupid. I currently like where its at. The movement improvement in operation 2 makes it feel good too.

2 Likes