Walked away from Gears 5 multiple times, And i keep trying to come back only to be disappointed again and again :( </3 heartbreaking

Man it literally breaks my heart to see that gears just overall… isn’t fun… still after years of it being released…i don’t have fun. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it to give it chance after chance to get better and be fixed but it’s just not a good game. Escape is OK on beginner with randoms but Advanced or higher, but gets old quickly… and without a team-It is just too difficult as no one stays in the game or they just keep dying. Horde usually gets boring around the 15th/20th wave… no matter my class or teammates or level. And the multiplayer games take forever to load on my xbox S!! I have probs with shots not doing damage nor killing players when they should which happens constantly. I will dvr a clip to see what happens and its like my bullets just dont work but the guy not even facing toward me can kill me with one shot lol like really? Also, the player toxicity is so over the top dude!!. i admit I’ve been guilty of trash talking, (mostly just in defense of myself) BUT i dont do it JUST because I’m mad at the world or hate a certain type of person or whatever reason causes people to be so angry while playing gears…and verbally attacking others while playing nonstop is super annoying., which ive done because they’re cheating or lagging or pinging 1000 or whatever but they’ll talk trash FOR NO REASON…maybe they’re heartbroken too over a game they want to work well and it doesn’t so they lash out? IDK… For example, I will even make a comment about my own issues and get attacked for that too…like when im shooting marshmallows and everyone sponges my shots…i get attacked and told to quit the game because i suck lol… i have hit diamond and almost master at times but “i suck at gears”… well ok- I’m like “you do realize if i quit, there will be even less people on the game, it’ll take longer to load etc?” …as the player base is pathetically in the thousands of players when it should be in the hundreds of thousands at least… last time i read? It was like 3k people playing the game TOTAL. And back to the trash talking, actually, . both Spanish and English speaking players literally ruin whatever fun you think you’re having by randomly and uselessly trash talking in the chat box, voice chat and private messages. Which is hilarious to me that it’d be that toxic considering this game is dead at a competitive level, still so broken and it doesn’t even get twitch or YouTube viewers / views (I partially blame lopsided “woke” devs for that … driving away the majority of the loyal fans and releasing a broken game!). The"woke" part isn’t even the bad part of it, it’s just… the majority of dedicated players and people as a whole just aren’t into corporate marketing narratives showcased in-game to sell products like dlc by pandering to certain smaller groups, which is ok to an extent, but it isoloates your biggest fanbase and then- boom-gears loses the biggest group’s purchasing power. Have they not learned that in doing this constantly, they will lose tons of money,?? They’ll void themselves of good promotion and positive attention? Apprently not… So, in closing, I have bought all the gears games in my life… bought xbox consoles just because gears is exclusive to xbox but man… I’ll never do that again and will prolly not ever buy another gears game again as this last gears is a huge disappointing pile of ___________ (fill in the blank) . I think it’s time to uninstall for the 4th and final time and just forget the game exists.

7 Likes

MY EYES.
The wall of text is powerful.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Good points. Paragraphs would be nice though.

3 Likes

LOL @ perjorative use of “woke”.

3 Likes

After reading that wall ill say this: Gears has never been this “super popular gaming franchise” that all the “06 fans” seem to think it was. Gears 3 was the peak and its been declining ever since. It’s just how it goes. Even during Gears 3. Gears as a franchise wasnt that massive.

Gears 5 isn’t bad its honestly, the versus is the main thing that needs a few things done to it and the game would be good to go. Theres a few bugs and the versus has a few problems. Other than that Gears 5 is a very good game.

13 Likes

Technically Gears 5 had great potential to become one of the most popular titles considering the combination with the release of Game Pass (which in my eyes did exactly the opposite due to the server issues - it rather ended it than pushed it to fame).

EDIT:

Eh… that “only” is a bit off in this sentence to be honest.

3 Likes

Walls of Jericho.

2 Likes

Escape isn’t that hard dude, there’s a few (4 tops) annoying hives but they’re more than beatable. Adjust your class/cards if you’re having trouble, 1 person can very easily carry you through a game. Can’t get through the rest of the wall so that’s all I have to say, sorry.

1 Like

I agree. Gears has never been a big game. That’s is fanboy nonsense. Gears generally is a popular well known game people play for the campaign and move on. Gears 3 was during a different time where there was less saturation and only a handful of franchises got the most attention.

1 Like

I edited it so it doesnt sound as dumb lol

Theres bugs in PvE that really need fixing and the versus balance and tuning needs some work. The other aspects of the game are top notch, in my opinion though.

3 Likes

This is exactly what Gears is to the mainstream audience. A new gears comes out. They experience the campaign and they’re done. Nothing wrong with that. The die hard fans are usually whats left but that could probably be said about most games.

Although, in my opinion, some Gears fans over exaggerate the problems in Gears 5.

2 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say exaggerated, just exacerbated. We have had the same issues for the entire franchise and I think people are just tired of it. We cant get the shotgun to work in versus, matchmaking is a mess, hit detection problems, and constant nerfs to everything until it’s a one weapon game.

2 Likes

The same can be said for Halo. Everyone loves and plays the campaigns and moves on. If people replay it, they play the campaign, very few % stick around for the vs.

Let’s also mention all the OG fans move on. they have jobs, they have kids. they’re not 15 years old playing morning, noon and night.

Gears is now in a world where there is Minecraft, Apex, Call of Duty, Siege, Battlefield, Fortnite, Dead By Daylight. A million other games and indie games at that, people spend their time to explore, not just Gears vs or horde.

Overall, Gears 5 is the most played, most varied Gears game. A lot of people started bothering with achievements across the whole series and the TOD and the skins and the level up cause of G5. - Despite frustrations. - The other consideration, a lot of the G5 complainers don’t seem to play other games, look at Siege, DBD as quick examples, they get complaining just as much. Lots of games has “issues” too.

2 Likes

It’s Thinning…not bald :wink: love that film.

2 Likes

Cool story bro!

I take it back. Theres another big thing that I somehow forgot. The Net Code in Gears 5 is very bad.

2 Likes

You’ll be back here in 6 months making the same post :rofl:

2 Likes

How does that quote go? “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” I don’t think whoever this quote was attributed to anticipated a third or fourth time though!

2 Likes