W10: Unable to start solo campaign or play versus

Hi!

I bought Gears of War 4 at release for Windows 10 but never got around to completing it. With the release date of Gears 5, I thought this would be a good time to jump in and actually complete it.

However, I’m unable to play the game. When I try to play the solo campaign, I get an error message saying I couldn’t connect to Xbox Live and I get booted back.

If I try a “Social Versus”, it finds players, a match but as soon as it’s about to start loading, the game simply closes without warning or errors.

My connection is fine, and my connection to XBL is working as it should. I’ve tested it through both the control panel and in the Xbox app without errors.

I’ve made a video showing how it looks. Note that as soon as the video ends, that’s when the game simply closes itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tsPUPoBP8g

Customary specs just in case:
W10 Pro, 1903 update
i5 9600K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, NVMe SSD (from which the game is running)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have the same exact problem.

I have realised that there has been a recent update for Gers of war 4 on PC so I guess this is causing it? Because I have had the same problem too.

That could be it, I guess. I don’t know how widespread it is though, doesn’t seem to be that many. It works great for my friend, so I don’t know.