Gears Forums

Update on Gears 4 Issues: 11/4/2018

(Tei Tenga) #129

THIS!!! … It’s the same old story, over and over and over again with this title it seems. As games evolve their overall stability seems to devolve. Patch after patch after patch… does the Quality Dept go over things anymore… or are the gamers being used as the QA Dept.? I don’t know what’s going inside the studio / and or Microsoft in general… and what the severity of these problems entail overall… but what I do know from an end-user personal experience is that from launch THIS GAME in particular has been THE WORST game I have purchased that continues to DISAPPOINT for various reasons.

Imagine purchasing a car, or perhaps a furnace for your house in winter and just about every time you wanted to enjoy your purchase there were problems with it? Would you stand for it… NO… but because it’s a just piece of software we are expected to “expect” problems occurring and just deal with it. Ummm… Why??? … I understand having a random problem here and there with anything you may purchase, but lets be real here… this title, over it’s short 2 year lifespan has had more than just a few small problems.

It’s very difficult to get all of us together to enjoy a good game of Horde, and then when we have a reason to get together (XP bonus), we set aside personal time to do so… and then can’t… It’s just another wasted weekend. The story is getting old.

(BEAST MONTREAL) #130

If you take a step back and look at how ridiculous some these comments are it is actually hilarious how petty it is that people are freaking out about a video game. I love this game and have been playing it for 10 years but guys cmon… It is technical difficulties like , do you think these things never happen? I think they deserve to be treated a littttttle better than that. These are people running this gaming company have a little respect.

(sancris777) #131

I had weird lag during horde where it kept making me switch to the frags and when i would shoot my ammo wouldn’t go down then i just had no weapon equipped https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sancris777/video/63095294

(SeanJohn2026) #132

They’re only human, so I expect a modicum of errors and bugs… but as others have said, this isn’t the first time this has happened, nor will it be the last if they continue to release XP events. You’d think their QA department would have found the problem and either fixed it or made it known that it would probably cause problems for players at some point during the event. It’s not too much to ask for reliability, especially for the players that can only play over the weekend.

(TheDeuterostome) #133

I had plenty of good games on gears since release with very few problems. I think it’s a bit of an over exaggeration on your part.

(TheDeuterostome) #134

I agree completely! Don’t get me wrong, I have had my complaints about this game and for the most part it has been handled as well as it could from a new developer. Does no body on here remember what gears 2 was like on launch?

(JOKER OF XBOX) #135

Fair enough. It is only a game, but it’s a game I paid $100 for, and to have these issues when I come back to it, I’m going to complain about it. It’s human nature. If you don’t like something and hold it in, you’re going to let it out at some point. Anyway, main point is that if you buy anything; a tool, a car, a house, a game, etc you 100% have the right to complain about it, no matter who says otherwise. You BOUGHT their product, you built them. Yes, they did make the name brand, start the company off, but who made them into a multi-million dollar company? Definitely not their friends or family, it was us, the customers that made them rich, that gave them their houses, that pays their bills. I may be going off-topic, but it’s the truth. If you buy ANYTHING, no matter how big or small the issue, you have the right to complain about it. Rant over :smiley: This doesn’t mean I hate Gears by the way. I absolutely love Gears. Played every single game and loved them all thru and thru! Even Judgement…

(Rsmorph) #136

The game works but seems extra laggy after the fix. Does anybody else experience this? For example, dropshot animation is way delayed.

(FancyHotCake) #137

Love u guys​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

(AVTruePredator) #138

So I got kicked from a horde match, I messaged one of the players to invite me back in and they did. Well upon completion I didn’t receive a bonus card. What’s the deal with that? It’s hard enough to complete a match due to people quitting, now I complete the match and didn’t get ■■■■.

(BEAST MONTREAL) #139

I understand your point but we aren’t speaking about letting out anger here or having trouble “holding it in” which seems to be a problem for many people. i was strictly making an observation that people’s reactions are proportionally off to the 2 hrs of technical difficulty that the game had, also if im buying a house and a video game, those are two extremely different things. If a game doesnt work because of a glitch, big woop in my opinion, EVERY GAME in the history of matchmaking online anywhere on any system has experienced this. Big picture, i paid for the game as well… and before today occured, i have hundreds and hundreds of hours of fun with friends logged on matchmaking. For 80 bucks or whatever i can not complain. When i go to the bar with friends in ONE NIGHT i spend that so look at the comparison. We can not expect miracles to occur everytime you slide your gears of war disk into the console guys. Enjoy it for what its worth, have fun, be part of the community, play with your friends but take everything a little less critically, it is purely silly to devote to much time and criticism to a system that is otherwise pretty damn good

(Belkain) #141

That’s because the bonus card is coded the same way as bounties are, meaning that if you don’t get 25 in a row you don’t get it at all. Leaving a match and rejoining resets the count so that’s why.

All in a row is required for bounties and makes sense but for the bonus card I would’ve expected completing all waves to be sufficient, it’s not like there is a bunch of people waiting to join at the last wave to claim the bonus card with little effort.

(GB6 Kazuya) #142

Is that all you have? You must buy packs and create cards like crazy!

(SEF II Egotron) #143

Unfortunately, I have everything there is :clinking_glasses:

(Dreamzkape) #144

ohh, mate! I remember when Versus wasn’t working on Launch Day. That was nuts. That’s why Gears of War 3, as great as it was going to be, was under a lot of pressure to not have a bad launch day. But then, Dedicated Servers saved the Versus mode anyway. huh. The Gears of War 2 days when Host Connection determined as to whether or not you’d have a good game or a drunk lagged rage of a game. heh. :smile:

(Dreamzkape) #145

That’s good news, TC Octus. Thanks. Hopefully I can hit Re-Up 10 by the end of tonight, and then get half way to earning my first Wings. :slight_smile: Not too mention, I’m hoping to finish my MO skin set.

(PMS CORTANA) #146

They need to get rid of the 6.66. I could tell the further into horde we played, kept getting the message that its’ taking longer to calculate. No more decimal point xp. Never had any problems before. Just don’t know why they didn’t get rid of it right away. Computers don’t like to go into pi mode.

(Bless City) #147

I just finished a game of horde and got the midnight Omen Overkill … BUT !! it told me that the game stats are taking longer than expected and just kicked me out of the lobby … went to see if I at least got the Overkill midnight omen skin and I did not get it … mind you it’s the last skin I need to complete the whole set … please help really was looking forward to having that last skin TC … :disappointed:

Gamertag : Oracals

(Bless City) #148

Happen to me to as well bro and that skin was the last one I needed …

(JESU RACING) #149

TC Octus:
When Oculus Service doesn´t work they pay 3 euros each user for the inconvenience.
Maybe you should do something like this because Gears of war 4 SADLY fails each day.
It is not fair to the users that supports the game,The continuous failures that do not allow you to play the game and that there are only excuses. I’m talking about constant frezzing.