Unreachable/ unrealistic

WINGS TEN,
Most will never reach this,
Why offer 10 and have us all creep creep crawl along for eternity, would u buy the lottery if you knew you wouldn’t win,
Would u buy gears 5 for more of the same?
The needle never travels far on wings 3 so the dollar won’t travel to meet 5,
Just saying,

1 Like

I’ve ran into some W10 players in Horde. It’s not necessarily impossible. Just takes a long time to get there ( this is coming from someone who isn’t even a wings yet)

There’s a player who got max lv. after 255 DAYS of horde game time, no speedruns… I don’t have 1/3 of that.

I simply gave up.

1 Like

I know two dudes that got Fake Wings Max 100. I’ll be buying Gears 5 no matter the ranking system

2 Likes

Wings 10 was specifically designed so that those who had capped out at Wings 5 would be able to continue getting credits.

2 Likes

The better thing to gripe about would be the discrepancy between XP payout between Horde and Versus. They can make levels take as long as they want but for every two hours I spend in Versus it would be nice to get even somewhat close to the same amount I could get for two hours in Horde.

Back when I actually cared about skins, this caused a major dilemma for me. Because I enjoy Versus way more but I felt like I had to whore myself out to Horde to have enough credits for the next pack. It shouldn’t be like this, let people be compensated equally for playing whatever they prefer.

3 Likes

If you have a completion obsession and feel compelled to jump through hoops simply because they’re there, that’s on you, not TC.
I think the addl re-ups are a nice addition for those those you are looking for reasons to keep playing and who actually care about prestige levels (I don’t). I don’t want to see high re-up players screwed over just because someone who isn’t putting in the same work has a problem with it.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t like the unreachable end for even the most dedicated players. It takes a real no-life or some heavy abuse of the game to get the max level. I have 80 days played on the game and I’m not even near the max level, which is absurd.

I liked the Gears 3 or Gears 2 way of having a max level with a Wings icon to cap it off. I hate the level 100 number - it’s just lazy IMO. And I liked how for a seriously dedicated player, it was a reachable end.

Note: I said dedicated player, not dedicated abuser of Horde every day for the last two years.

Nothing about the Gears 4 leveling system feels good IMO. Past games were way better.

1 Like

You mean even more credits right? As we get by playing horde, even proporcionally.

By the way, there’s people with a lot of it with nothing really to spend on. And doesn’t have to be a speedrunner.

2 Likes

I have over 230000 coins and there just is nothing I want…maybe black steel characters…but that will never happen when people keep buying them…lol can I exchange for gears 5 season pass?

I think that’s the current situation purely beause we don’t get as many new packs anymore so the credits build up. But during 2017 we’d get two packs, sometimes even three, per month and that would eat your credits like crazy. Also back in 2017 alot of players would still be building up Horde skills and trying to acquire the launch skins too so we’re buying the main core packs too. For me, my credits only started building up in late 2017 when I had a lot less tk spend it on.

My credits started accumulating the day I finished my last lv. 6 cards.

I rarely buy ‘vs characters’ packs or those recycled. Those are another reasons for it to happen.

Yeah, the big difference doesn’t make sense tbh.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem here.
There is no Achievement linked as far I know past Wings1.
I think it was intended to give diehard gears Fans a reason to make their XP count.
Why should it be obtainable for you then?
You have a valid point in the XP argument though.
Wouldn’t hurt anyone increase them in Horde.

1 Like

Its possible because some people have already reached it…so jus because most won’t reach it doesnt make it impossible…

And Idk if you realize this but most won’t hit the lottery either but they still play because its not impossible just cause most won’t get it

1 Like