Unpopular opinion but I think the Ranking system works just fine

I climb Ranks so fast after resets have happened… I was able to get back to at least onyx or diamond in the same day and it usually takes 2/3 Days for me to get to Masters in a Ranked playlist.
obviously it still needs some work but the only issue I have had was the inconsistency of placement Ranks but it wasn’t a big issue since it was pretty easy to climb Ranks.

It’s working, but there are some glaring issues.

I play KOTH and nearly every game someone on my team quits. It’s not easy trying to have a good game 4v5 in that mode. Since the reset, it doesn’t seem to factor people quitting at all, which is extremely rampant at the moment.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion but you just made this thread so you could post your stats :joy:

Also in general, Masters players should be aware that they are the in the upper end of the playerbase. Silver is a massive chunk of the bell curve and unfortunately, it seems to encapsulate a lot of people who deserve a higher rank. @l_l_C_L_O_W_N_l DM’d me and told me that him and @ll_R_E_D_l got out of Silver but then demoted back to Silver a little while after. If true, that shows how it is broken for that tier of player because they are certainly high Onyx players. I feel that Gears 4’s system was dead accurate for all ranks and I originally thought that Gears 5’s was dead accurate too, but now I’m not too sure.

Also we should keep the convo here: Gears 5 Main Ranking Thread

5 Likes

Please keep it in the main thread rather than starting a new one.

1 Like