Unplayable horde mode - Disconnection issues

SO FUN TO BE DISCONNECTED FROM MASTER HORDE WAVE 47 (IM HOST EVEN). I LOVE SPENDING 3 HOURS NEVER KNOWING IF IT WILL EVEN ALLOW US TO REACH THE END WITHOUT BEING DISCONNECTED.

Seriously tho this should be one of the most frustrating things that can happen… AGAIN AND AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT… AGAIN. Do i need to buy more iron? More skins? Mail TC money directly? In order for my game to be the chossen game that allows me to ATLEAST PLAY. I wouldn’t be mad if its because we lost, that happens all the time. But this is different; over 10 times THIS WEEK.

Is this just something that will never be fixed or addressed? Like if the game recognizes a ‘disconnect’ in horde, there HAS to be an option to remake the game at said wave. But what will we get instead? Probably a pistol skin and more empty promises. Thank you TC for finally breaking my Gears of War addiction.

4 Likes

Dang that sounds frustrating as hell.

Free at last? Mine broke with Gears UE but is back since Gears 5.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me yesterday! Spent 2 1/2 hours to get wave 46 and then we all got kicked back to the lobby. Now I remember why I quit playing this game for a few months!! I hate you TC

1 Like

This is the exact reason I don’t play masters anymore. Since op3 I’ve tried dozen or more times to do the two new maps on master and without fail it crashed every single time on different waves. Last time on wave 43 after 2.5 hours, what a waste of time. No problem on other difficulties though.

2 Likes

Again tonight wave 39 Master Canals disconnect… Seriously this is so disheartening and frustrating. Then they announce the stuff for the week and there’s NOTHING about master horde disconnect issues @TC_Octus please get this looked into ASAP - This is affecting long time die hard fans of the franchise and NEEDS TO BE OFFICIALLY ADDRESSED

4 Likes

Yeah mate I know how you feel. I try two more masters games since I’ve posted that reply and both crashed. It’s Jack that makes it crash when he picks up weapons and smelts them. Just happens at random waves.

1 Like

Wave 49 Master District… Title update!!! What great timing (not). I was able to complete ONE master run on Canals last night (Playing as Jack; Smelting non stop - portable resupply - healing reach etc). So i’m unsure if it’s related to Jack because i’ve had the disconnection issues in games without a Jack in the squad… Looking forward to seeing any other community member’s responses!!! STILL NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM TC AFTER HOTFIX 4/29… @TC_Octus

Nice. I can’t say the same for me as the game crashed for me always as I was Jack and always as I’m about to pick up a weapon to smelt. It will get fixed but just too slow on TC part to fix something like this.

1 Like

I feel you man. Three times happened to me on wave 46+ on Masters Pahanu. Always while Jack was smelting. There’s a reason why everyone is leaving trash TC.

1 Like

But hey, dont worry! They fixed versus music and a drone’s smoke grenade quote because priorities.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that the gnasher pellets will now correctly show properly when shooting water. Thank you TC! Really noticed that ISSUE?!?!? hahah
ONE A SIDE NOTE:
IM TIRED OF PEOPLE QUITTING ON MASTER 1-50s AS IT’S HARD ENOUGH TO GET TO THE END WITHOUT IT DISCONNECTING SO IF ANYBODY WANTS TO PLAY AND IS INTO MASTER HORDE, PLEASE ADD AND MESSAGE ME GT IS SAME AS USERNAME

Wave 45 on masters and was completely wrecking shop as Fahz with one shot kills. Its a joke at this stage and it has been happening since launch but is just getting worse.

I got disconnected twice in a row tonight playing a beginner horde solo.

As Del.

Never even got to wave 10.

So I was curious, are people still having these issues?

Cause I was just messing around in a Horde lobby solo, and I tagged a Flashbang to a DR-1. The game promptly chose to throw me out of the match, claiming I was “Unable to connect to Gears services” despite clearly having been connected and my wifi still running.