Gears Forums

Uninstalled the game tonight unfortunately

(x Hakaii x) #1

Played since launch and loved it, but the past 6 months have been garbage, server deterioration is real.

I have clips going all the way back to launch and the change in servers patch after patch is shocking, player base surely isn’t small enough to effect it this bad.

Ive played in teams and solo and used to be onyx 3 consistently, now I can’t even budge past gold 2, I’ve played since 06, I don’t need to hear “get good” I can hold my own, have supported eSports gears scene long enough to. I know about all the tricks bouncing, up+a reaction shots etc etc. Can do the lot but the game tailors far to much to sad boring campers and hard aimers.

My gnasher doesn’t register it’s okay I’ll sit back and spot with lancer support, but footstep audio is garbage so I get walked up on by ghosts, get rushed so I lancer only to be gibbed and I do 99% damage 99% of the god damn time.

I hate how I’ve had to stop playing mygo to game because I’m having zero fun on it, I don’t expect to wreck teams but I expect balance and fairness but the netcode is so ■■■■■■■ unfair. Huge slap in the face when TC segregate players by two tunings core for people to lazy to learn the intricate movement and mechanics of the game, high ping compensation for the poor people that have dial up. Competitive for those who want to play with skill but stuck to two modes?

This post will belost, and scoffed at and I won’t be missed and I don’t care. All I know is there is someone at TC paid to relay any and all feedback and compile it to help the development of the next game.

If gears 5 can’t hold its player base the same ■■■■■■ garbage will happen.

(The Sloth T34) #2

People may scoff at, but I say ignore them. It’s a lot better to voice your complaints than to say nothing. You’re not the only who 's frustrated with this game.

(baconman886) #3

Agreed. I’m a Planck’s length away from uninstalling it. It takes up too much of my hard drive and isn’t worth keeping for how little I play it.

(iBlazeOddish) #4

I never noticed how bad the footstep audio is until you mentioned it. You’re right, I can never tell where someone is coming from like I can with COD and PUBG. I know it’s not my headphones because I have Astro A50 Gen 3’s and they work perfectly with directional hearing.

(Krylon Blue) #5

Everyone always tells me the footstep audio is horrible and that they never know where an enemy is coming from. Oddly enough using Gen 3 Astro A50 I can easily pinpoint the direction they’re coming from. It’s not nearly as good as other games but for some reason I don’t have much issue with it. There’s been many occasions when an enemy is behind me chasing me and I know it by noise alone and I either roll or jump behind cover to quick pop them.

Anywho, I finished the achievements so now I’m taking a break except for the occasional horde and maybe PvP. I’m not into this whole “Mexico advantage” thing so I don’t see myself playing much PvP this season. The moment Fiber loses to DSL is the moment you realize the games screwed up.

(HayMaker304) #6

I have 200mg cable and get my ■■■ stomped on the regular and ping is always between 30-60ish. I guess I just suck lmfao

(Me0wMix CatFood) #7

I wish Red Dead was out already but since there are very few games that interest me, I’m still playing gears. Yea, the servers are inexplicably bad for some of us. I really wish we could go back to the way things were a year ago. So strange that they somehow made it play much worse over time…

(iBlazeOddish) #8

Amazing headset though isn’t it? I kept having problems with Turtle Beaches cheap plastic headbands snapping. I love the metal on the sides of these.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #9

I’m a headphone snob (wired Audio Technicas through an ESS Sabre 24 bit DAC) and even though I can usually tell exactly who is coming toward me and from where, there are times when the engine seems to just not render the footstep audio. It’s not frequent, but it does happen. For the most part, I think people are just not hearing it due to masking from other effects, or their listening device isn’t great.

In the tracker ball horde, I can snipe while hearing exactly where the nearby trackers are and I know when and where to roll without ever looking. The main problem with the game’s sound engine is that it doesn’t recognize walls at all. Someone on the other side of a wall or upstairs sounds like the are right next to you. Terribly unrealistic.

(DLCarr17) #10

Very sorry to hear you’ve uninstalled the game but perhaps you just need a break from Gears for a bit. For me Gears 4 is the best Gears has been yet despite the fact that it isn’t perfect. Perhaps if you spend a few days playing something else you’ll begin to miss Gears. I feel your pain on the foot step audio. Trying to support with Lancer fire only to be chunked by someone you never heard a sound from can definitely be frustrating. Hope you change your mind soon and return to Gears but until you do happy gaming and don’t forget 2019 will be here before we know it.

(Leali The Great) #11

Look… with the recent improvement in graphic content the server that is being used needs higher meg speeds, so server deterioration is not the issue. You might be stuck or accustomed to the old, However; It could be a number of things . The gen of console. Your tv might not be the best, knock off big screens have issues w pixels if it’s too big. Again, I’ve played gears since gears 1 and I’ve had little to no problems with my experience. It’s a video game that is just like like every other imperfect games that was made by imperfect people. Try to be thankful and considerate that you are able to play such games like GOW. It’s not easy to do what they do. I understand that there is issues, but it’s not worth giving up over it.

(Krylon Blue) #12

Yes it is. I actually use it on both my Xbox One and PS4 so it’s been worth the money. I’ve used several Astro headsets including the A40 and all 3 generations of the A50.

(Quinn Quiver) #13

I will be thumbing up :+1: this thread not because I support quitting Gears 4 (I love the game) but because OP mentioned the fact that there are separate weapon tunings dividing the community and one of the gameplay “settings” only has 2 game modes that barely anyone plays. TC please acknowledge that many of us hate the fact we are only playing against a portion of the playerbase because of the different versions of the game. If I remember correctly I once saw the sentence “never fight alone” in a Gears Of War 4 trailer…

(Quinn Quiver) #14

indeed the game may not be perfect but there are various ways to improve your experience such as purchasing better technology

(ll R E D l) #15

this game is gonna be a ghost town when red dead comes out lol

(Link23809) #16

@x_Hakaii_x - So you played a game for over a year and a half and now you want to uninstall it? I’d say that’s just a testament to how good the game is lol. Most people don’t play a game for more than a few months before moving on. I would say that’s a pretty great run. As others said, you probably just burned yourself out and need a break from Gears. A lot of what you said is over exaggerated.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #17

As much as I’ve loved Gears since 2006… Red Dead isn’t just a game, it’s a vacation to another existence. I’ve already warned my friends that I will exclusively be on that game in the month of Nov and will scoff at any fortnight invites. Lol.

(ll R E D l) #18

I tried to play fortnight seeing as its from epic i dont get the hype i think its buttcheeks

(Krylon Blue) #19

Lol, as do I. I can’t stand the whole building aspect of it. Plus, it’s so boring running around looking for loot just to die. It’s like exercising with the promise of a Twinkie on the other side but when you get there the Twinkie is gone and all that’s left is an already box.

Okay, I think I need some sweets.

(ll R E D l) #20

gears really ruined shooters for me with the cover system theres few games out there that pull it off