Gears Forums

Unable to connect to gears of war services. (0x800706be) PC

Currently on latest version of W10, my computer can definitely handle/run the game. Can’t connect to gears of war services for some reason. Need suggestions/help. Internet is working fine, I am able to access webpages etc. Seems to be something with either gears of war services to run game or gears of war services to run multiplayer. If anyone else is having this problem please let me know. Also not sure if im banned or not I was not notified if I have been banned. Gears is currently installed on an SSD not sure if that matters or not. Just trying to give as much info as possible and try to get help/a solution because I would like to play gears on PC. I have checked MS for updates a million times and im on latest update, Like who do I have to contact or tag to get some help here? I’m also on latest version of W10 once again… brand new install of the game on this PC like not sure what else it could be.

Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
ROG STRIX NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060
16 GB Gskill tridentz RAM
2 SSD’s and 1 HDD

2 Likes

the same ■■■■

I bought this stupid game and can’t play even sigleplayer campaign cause game can’t create save files.

2 Likes

Did you have any luck with solving this? My pc also won’t let me play, Stating the same error code. It says “Error Failed to create game 0x800706be”

2 Likes

yeah its still an ongoing issue i don’t see being fixed because Xbox and Microsoft and the coalition use what’s IPV6 (internet protocol version 6) which is ■■■■■■■ the most stupidest thing because not all internet companies use IPV6 i have sudden-link 500 Mbps and what i do is I let my game run for a couple mins like 20 and eventually they connect you to their servers. I can link teredo unable to qualify and try the steps on that link. IPV6 is not used by every company in the world and i dont think that they realize a lot of people still use IPV4 which is a very stable internet protocol.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat

For windows 10 users go to Settings/Time & language/Set time automatically on then off. After that turn it on again,