Um...Gears 5...what is this?

I don’t understand. I have to do 15mil damage and get 15k eliminations for a trash Kait skin? Why would you turn the game into a mindless grind fest? New players dont care enough to grind for skins and vets would rather just grind for currency and craft their own, at least I would. The addition of the Halo and Terminator characters was a terrible idea. All I hear the whole match is sqeaking and “metal mother______”. I have no clue what this Gears is supposed to be. Either TC or Microsoft has completely lost touch with the player base. I still love Gears but I simply would like to see it return to its roots.

6 Likes

Don’t grind for fluff! Just have fun!!!

8 Likes

Just play the game and have fun, before you know it you’ll have like 80% progress towards it. That’s cool thing about most of the ToD medals, they progress through natural gameplay.

5 Likes

I agree! But the launch skins are horrible and you have to pay or grind for eqaully horrible skins.

2 Likes

If it’s not worth it then don’t grind for them, simple.

6 Likes

I prefer not to grind, so, I end up having more fun that way!

Your choice.

2 Likes

Do people not understand you have 3 months to get these medals and most will be achieved by simply playing. The only thing to moan about here is how 98% of the rewards are filler content like banners and blood sprays

3 Likes

That’s my point. Nothing is worth grinding for in this Gears right now. I hadn’t thought about the three month content release though.

1 Like

Oh absolutely the rewards are trash and the characters are re-skins. Take away content to drip feed it to you later even though most people would have gone to another game, why not give us actual content at launch like Gears 3

1 Like

Although disappointing, all of this stuff is cosmetic, aka optional. It’s a personal choice if you think it’s worth the grind.

I agree GOW3 got it right just gives us the content at launch, Its not worth grinding hours and hours for crap skins and rewards. I don’t why they did this but I think they were on some so drugs so something because past gears game weren’t like this. Smoking crack something.

1 Like

image only took me 16 hours to complete the whole thing anyways by just playing. Its easy and people dont realize it.

1 Like

plays 16 hours and gets maybe 4 skin’s. lmao #worth

1 Like

its not alot, but ive never played gears for skins, I play for fun and to rank up because thats fun to me. Whoever that plays for skins, oof.

Ya idk what they’re doing. I miss Gears 3’s way of obtaining characters.

I play games to have fun aswell, I have put more than 40hours in gears 5 mp and 90% of that matches consisted of the same characters(all terminators and noble squad) and are going to continue to be the same. everyone loves hearing the same 3 characters yelling “flashbang incoming” 30 times a match. Gets stale after a few matches. Then you only have 7 maps in rotation. whoever play’s and defends the lack of content, oof.

1 Like

Obviously you haven’t seen the Team Rock skins yet.

I dont get it… You guys complain over the amount of grind you have to do i ToD but you also complain over the skins you get by grinding. Why do you even grind then? You also complain over the similarity to Fortnite, Overwatch and whatever and still it is you that crave new blood stains and clothing for your characters.

You know you can more or less ignore the ToD but you’ll probably reach highest rank in 3 months anyway. People is trying to unlock goals in the most awkward ways just to get them fast. My god are you all obsessive compulsive or what? I understand you are having a sad gaming experience if all you guys think about is unlocking a weapon skin.

1 Like

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes. - EA

I think it’s ironic how people complained so much about the awful RNG loot crates in GOW4 and begged TC to let us earn stuff by playing. So, TC does that and now everyone hates that and says it’s too much of a grind. lol.

I kind of feel bad for TC in some ways because they really do listen to their community and try. They may not always go about certain things in the right way but they do implement features the community wants, then get bashed for it. I’m sure with some of this stuff MS has TC’s hands tied and TC can’t come out and point the finger at their boss. After all, MS owns everything now. MS is strictly a business looking to make money, which is why we see these inflated prices for skins.

1 Like