Trying to play a game without explosion spam

This is a bit of a rant, but I’m trying to play a game without explosion spam and make a game called “no explode spam; you’ll be booted.”

Most games me and my bro play involve booting 10-15 different players throughout the game either joining as the demo class or buying GLs/boomshots and loading up weapon lockers so that they can spam them.

After the boot some players message us confused “you don’t like the way I was playing?”. There are plenty of games for people to join where spamming explosions is fine if that’s the way you want to play.

Other people message us about how it is impossible to complete a master horde without using explosions. Basically they have read the game name and felt that it was ridiculous and joined anyways to enlighten us of our stupidity.

Anyways, what is going on here? If a game name is referencing don’t spam explosions, don’t buy a GL, what is that people aren’t understanding? It’s a little frustrating going into a boss wave and having him completely annihilated by gl spam despite the game name. Booting the culprit doesn’t change the fact that the wave is already over.

1 Like

People don’t read lobby titles.

It’s as simple as that.

And most of the playerbase is just woeful. Those who tell you that you need a Demo or Tactician to win are the kind that tell you Blademaster is a bad class when it is the complete opposite of a bad class. Ignore their opinions.

2 Likes

Only the weakest of Horde players rely solely on explosives.

1 Like

Gl spam is just as bad as a slugger with nades, or people tagging shocks where a melee class is at.

I had a medic tagging shocks on the clocktower stairs for the daily even though i was a nomad using flash bangs for executions, i would use a flash to detonate the shocks and they would tag another.

Many horde players dont have a clue and are selfish.

My brother and I have completed master games before without explosion spam, but it isn’t the point anyways. We’re trying to up the difficulty and bring back some of the fun. We lose alot but it’s always a blast when things get desperate.

You are right though; I’ve played with some really good blade masters, protectors, and other builds that are apparently under rated.

They don’t read anything to be perfectly frank. GOW fans are amongst some of the stupid people I have ever come across in my life. Granted I don’t use 4chan or Twitter (which I imagine are full of stupid people too), but…

Plus there’s that old chestnut of the meta whores, who are so stuck in their ways that they can’t finish a game successfully without the obvious choice of classes, amongst them, the Demolitions and Tactician.

1 Like

2 Likes

LMFAO there are still Players believing that? Oh my…

1 Like

Only the weakest of Horde of Horde players rely solely on explosives.

1 Like

Only the dumbest and weakest of Horde players rely solely on explosives.

1 Like

True. I occasionally suffer from severe case of the dumbs.

1 Like

Funny case of a player I had on Clocktower the other day, a Demo joined, said “Why no build, this game is so stupid” and when we pointed out that he should have read the mods he basically went along the lines of “Oops, sorry, I’m drunk”.

So yeah, don’t drink and play the Gears daily.

At least he owned up to it.

Can credit him for that.
That mod set is fun.

I have to agree that it is indeed very annoying to play with people that spam gls or salvos because of the continuous earthquake they cause around them.

And to add insult to injury there is actually an option that allows you to turn off the screen shake due to explosions, but it only works on the lower difficulties. Well done TC.

Such a TC decision. I play a ton of different classes so I try to keep the GL and explosive spam to a minimum (boss waves usually) whenever I play them.

But I understand that it can be annoying and boring for other classes.

Is the OP @Bleeding_Pepper in disguise :thinking:?

1 Like

2 Likes

To be fair, ‘Gears and Beers’ is very much a thing. But at least that guy owned up to it. I lost track of the number of times we had people join our LFG in Gears 4 who didn’t bother to read the tags.

1 Like