Tournament Alt?

It would have been very helpful to have all of the Gears 4 controller presets in the game to make it more user-friendly. It would also help improve data for players who are used to other controller schemes, like myself.

4 Likes

You can try Classic Alt while swapping LB and A. But even I don’t understand why Tournament Alt isn’t there. I would like to know as well.

1 Like

Are you talking about the control scheme where LB is designated to cover only and the X button is designated to dive/roadie run? Cuz if so I agree, they need to bring that back. I don’t like rolling by accident when I’m trying to go into cover. All other control schemes are inferior imo.

2 Likes

Just got to play my second KoTH match out of like 30 attempts and I gotta say, if the tournament alt controls don’t come back, Gears 4 will be the last game in the series I buy. Having cover and dive/RR all in one button is trash.

2 Likes

So far the only way is like Ektope said. Play classic alt and remap a to lb. It will most likely be added at a later date or in the full release.

1 Like

Is that an option on a stock Xbox One controller? I don’t have one of those fancy after controllers.

Btw I tried playing with Classic alt and that is terrible too.

1 Like

Did you bother to remap LB and A around?

1 Like

Yeah, I just noticed that there is a button remapping option. Only problem now is when I’m DBNO (down but not out) it gives me a prompt to mash LB and it doesn’t seem to register my button presses correctly. But hey, at least I can play with the control scheme I wanted.

Thank you Ektope and uhDreamer.

1 Like

Yeah, I experienced problems when DBNO. It turned out, the LB button prompt flashes. You have to press it in time with flashes. So… LB, pause, LB, pause… etc. Then the circle bar around button prompt will fill faster to revive and get up quick. It’s like a mini game.

2 Likes

Facts brother, Button mapping it doesn’t feel the same on here X doesn’t respond the way it should, the strafing isn’t right it’s too slow. Trying to figure a better button map than tour- alt. I might make X reload and roadie run/ jump with RB bounce with LB. I am open to suggestions!

Yeah that button just isn’t meant to get hit that fast. Been messing with me also.

Well looks like I’m plugging in my keyboard and mouse on my xbox then. Already do on Fortnite. Mostly play pc for that but when I play on xbox I cannot go to controller. Fortnite sucks on xbox. Same with Blackout and Gears 4. Once you have played PvP modes on a PC, trying to play on console again is probably what learning how to operate an alien space craft would feel like. Controls aside…lower fov and framerates are crippling and it makes console versions feel like molasses.

I swapped A with LB but, it’s annoying on horde. As it will pop up the upgrade screen when you’re wall bouncing and will open up your profile if you try to run on the dark end of round screen. Come to think of it, it should be broken on classic-alt as well.

How did you swapped A with LB ?