Gears Forums

ToD : post completion stars?

Like most, I completed ToD within a few weeks without really paying attention, but as we’re halfway through Op3, I’m just wondering why the game keeps offering daily ToD objectives & stars even though I reached General rank.

If extra stars were converted to scrap or whatever that would make sense but I’m not seeing the point. Is there a purpose that I’m missing here ?

1 Like

There’s nothing to it. The daily objectives just doesn’t trigger that you have reached General; and at present there is literally no benefit from acquiring stars on top of it.

However, I believe that TC did mention in a fairly recent stream that they have plans for excess stars after players reach General. I didn’t see the stream myself but someone else mentioned it. No clue what these plans are though.

Scrap is a good idea. But having said that, TC would really need to expand on the Supply Drop items because there is genuinely nothing in it that I want. We received 3 characters early on which were craftable, but nothing since then. My scrap is just building up gradually and not being used. I’d gather just play the game to build up Horde/Escape skills.

1 Like

Two streams ago it was mentioned as being a high priority, Octus said it was higher than he previously realised.

Last stream (Thursday) this was seemingly walked back as it sounded like TC hadn’t decided on what excess stars would be used for.

1 Like

Would it really hurt them to give 10 scrap for each star after you reached General. Players who brought boost would be better off and so would the Tc, then if people wanted re-roll objectives and waste iron farming scrap?..let them get on with it. Everything in this game is a ridiculous grind already and seeing as PVE players got kicked in the teeth 2 weeks ago, it would be a good move on their behalf to give a little back i feel.

3 Likes

I would love if TC gave scrap and exp, that way whichever people care about they get something towards their goal (if they really care about one over the other).

2 Likes

Scrap would be my personal preference so i could finish of maxing characters. I have almost 6 days of playtime with Fahz alone and still need 8 purples for one ability, i dont really play anything less than insane difficulty either. Their Rng reward system needs to be adressed or they need to make scrap more available because what we have in place now is ■■■■ tbh.

3 Likes

Agreed, scrap takes too damn long to acquire and the price to upgrade purple cards (let alone gold cards) is ridiculous (24,000 scrap for level 5 gold lol)

1 ToD star for even 5 scrap would at least motivate players to keep playing daily objectives. Otherwise TC should increase the number of ranks (and rewards) so that ToD takes longer to be completed

1 Like

I would really like to see 1 start equals 1 iron after completing the tour.

2 Likes

Just let players set a reward for stars after the Tour? XP, scrap, whatever. There’s something for everyone.

1 Like

Maybe if they created a new unique section to the Store where you could buy items using excess stars including Scrap, XP and other things? Maybe even add a few exclusive items like weapon skins for large numbers of extra stars? Or small Boost packages etc. Or maybe gradually add some older rewards from past Operations to it so that people who missed out can still get them, but using excess stars?

7 Likes

:100:

Problem is it would take them 2 years to code it.

3 Likes