Tips & Tricks for Each PvE Class in Gears 5

Feel free to add to this list as it is a video series I’m thinking of working on videos for as there won’t be any new major updates to Gears 5. I didn’t want to include exploits/glitches/bugs that enhance the class abilities because obviously it’s not intended.

A lot of us veteran players may know most of the stuff listed here but maybe this’ll help out newer players and such. And hopefully you’ll find these tips useful.

Blademaster

1. Use active EMBAR rounds or Flashbangs to stun larger enemies (DR1’s, Scions) to make them easier to melee
  2. When dealing with Scions, melee and then roll back or to the left to avoid damage between melees. All Scions swing at you with their left arms.
  3. When dealing with Guardians or Sentinels, plant a flashbang near the top of a staircase and use the stun opportunity to eliminate it
  4. When dealing with Bastions, be sure to use Electroblade on an enemy nearby so that Shock Chain can cause bleed on the Bastion
  5. Do not throw or plant shock grenades in the spawn areas of where ever the BM is set up at. Doing so immobilizes the BM and renders them useless for a few seconds - usually resulting in their demise.

Demolitions

1. Be sure to mark as many enemies as possible prior to dropping Artillery Strikes. Marking enemies can be difficult in this game. Switching to a pistol for some reason - makes it easier.
  2. Be sure to pre-active your Boomshot (if Custom Boomshot equipped) or Lancer GL (if Custom Lancer GL equipped) prior to dropping Artillery to maximize your DPS on boss waves
  3. On boss waves - if you’re running Custom Boomshot, keep your Boomshot out/in hand to maximize the DPS on the enemy. Same for if you’re running Custom Lancer GL. Switching to another weapon during the bleed duration lowers the damage output noticeably.
  4. When starting Horde games, it is beneficial to drop your Lancer and let a teammate have it earlier on. Having a Lancer early can help you get through the early waves by killing smaller enemies - Juvies, Rejects, Sires…etc.
  5. Try to conserve Boomshot ammo by using your active Lancer and chainsaw to eliminate enemies early on. This will reduce the need to die every wave via your own Boomshot or buying grenades before getting a Weapons Locker.

Infiltrator

1. If you have a Mechanic or Robotics Expert, be sure to ask for their Overkill
  2. If you are the only remaining survivor on your team, use the Cloak/Camouflage Ability to revive your teammates
  3. If you are frozen by an Ice Scion, using Cloak can help you survive that situation and get back to safety
  4. Flashbangs are your friend when dealing with neutralizing bosses and mini-bosses.

Marksman

1. You can one-shot a Guardian or Sentinel via X-ray through a wall on Master difficulty if it’s an active, critical Longshot shot. With perks.
  2. You deal more critical damage to enemies in X-ray if they are shot through a wall
  3. When dealing Rejects, shoot them in the legs. It eliminates them faster.
  4. If there are 2 Marksman’s in a lobby - be sure to note that if they happen to use X-Ray at simultaneously. The second Marksman’s X-Ray will cancel the first Marksman’s X-Ray out.
  5. Stick to Longshot and Markza. EMBAR is very weak in comparison.
  6. If you see a Bastion in X-Ray, be sure to take that out first. It is very likely shielding a Scion or Warden.

Nomad

1. If your base is being overrun in Horde, use the Fear ability to push enemies away temporarily to allow your team to retake control
  2. Execution Shield is your friend and your source of Stim as Nomad. Anchor and Combat Medic can also provide Stim to the Nomad as well if you’re running Armored Shot skill card.
  3. If you’re running execution build, be sure to ask for a Lancer/Retro Lancer from your teammate
  4. In Escape, avoid using Fear ability near the helipad as if makes enemies rush outside.

Anchor

1. Be cautious of enemies in close range of the Barrier. You can still be meleed through the Barrier or shot from behind.
  2. If the Anchor goes down while the Barrier is active, the ultimate ends
  3. The Harness Energy skill card grants Stim when any bullets are fired at the Barrier shield. Best part of this card is that there is no range - teammates get Stim and healing
  4. Anchor’s passive works for the Anchor themselves, too.
  5. Anchor is basically a secondary Marksman - cards like Bullet Chain or even Adrenaline Junkie (for Escape only) can make the Anchor a strong sniper class too
  6. The Anchor isn’t a class that is weapon-dependent. Once they perk up their Ammo Regen perk in horde, they are pretty much set for the rest of the game.

Brawler

1. In Escape, leave the ammo boxes for the other classes that need them - Anchor, Marksman, Tactician. The Brawler should focus on torch tackling enemies and leave ammo for classes that are more dependent on it.
  2. Make sure to leave smaller enemies like Drones and Juvies for the Brawler to Torch Tackle as they are a one-hit class that rely on Stim to survive.
  3. If you can avoid it, try not to tackle kill enemies near your teammates in Escape with the All the Glory card equipped. Doing so will damage your teammates to like 1hp health.
  4. To quickly mantle over cover as Brawler, slide into cover and then press B to mantle over. You must commit to the slide and then hold B to jump over cover. Every other class you can hold A and tap B without LETTING GO of A to mantle over cover.

Gunner

1. If you’re running a Salvo/stun build, check to see if you pull Sentinels as a mini-boss on Wave 15 and then load the Salvos onto a locker. They also spawn on Robot waves (8-10) via DR-1 Devastators so you can also obtain a Salvo that way. And save 6,000 power.
  2. If you’re running a chaingun build around Mulchers, wait for Mulcher Scions to appear - they spawn on waves ending 7-10
  3. If you’re running a chaingun build around Trishots, you can obtain them via Stumps (mini-boss) or via Guardians (7-10) or DR-1 Oppressors (4-8) on Robot waves.
  4. If you’re running a build around the freeze cards (Freeze Resist, Flash Freeze), you can obtain a Cryo Cannon via Ice Scions which spawn on Locust/Juvie enemy set between waves 2-7
  5. Team Resist is a great skill card to run if you are setup in close proximity to each other. 95% dmg resistance for 6s is very valuable. It helps keep the team upright.
  6. Ultimate Battery is highly valuable in scenarios where you have mutators like Longer Recharge/Ultra Slow Recharge. The Gunner can continuously take damage and his nearby teammates will get tons of ULT charge. Very useful to a class like Demo with a long ULT charge time
  7. Be cautious of utilizing Heavy Shell - your teammates own explosives can launch back at them if it hits your reflective shell…damaging them in Horde/Escape. LOL.

Pilot

1. For Master Horde, stick to the Mulcher, Trishot and Salvo as equipable weapons. The Cryo, Buzzkill and Scorcher simply don’t put out near the same DPS as the other weapons on higher difficulties.
  2. When you’re running Aggressive Armor (Stim card) and you intend to die for more Dropshots, you must take damage and lose the Stim. Otherwise, the Pilot will not be able to kill themselves with Incen grenades for ammo. This has been a bug that’s been in the game for many Operations.
  3. Just in case you are running Healing Explosives…throwing frags at your feet will not damage you. Once you get a weapons locker, use Incendiary grenades to kill yourself for more ammo. Or let an enemy on the field kill you when there’s a few enemies remaining.
  4. Hammer and Cold Finish are awesome skill cards. Helps neutralize bosses by stunning them and finishes them off with the freeze damage.
  5. Dropshot Scions also spawn on Leech/Imago enemy set - waves 2-7. So, if you pull this enemy set, be sure to mark Dropshots so the Pilot can put them on their locker.
  6. Don’t be hesitant to use Silverback as an emergency if things get hairy in your match
  7. Watch out for Sires - they can snatch you out of the back of the Silverback when they lunge at you.

Veteran

1. Share your Living Legend ultimate! It benefits a lot of classes - especially if you have Band of Brothers (Stim) equipped.
  2. Brutal Efficiency is the key to getting your ultimate back as soon as possible. Get a Lancer/Retro and execute away and you’ll have your ULT again in no time.
  3. This class is a rifle-based class. For a change of pace… the Markza and Longshot can do plenty of damage during the LL ultimate as well.
  4. Dug In is a very underrated skill card. Probably more valuable than having Stim is having more damage resistance. Up to 90% dmg resist while in cover during the Ult…. very nice.
  5. Extended Rifle Mag is very useful in Escape. It doesn’t maximize your total ammo capacity but it increases the amount you get from the blue ammo crates. Useful in hives with ammo starvation.

Combat Medic

1. Avoid using the Team Revive on yourself. Save it for a moment when multiple teammates are down.
  2. Team Repair is a valuable card to bring and utilize. Especially after boss waves when some fortifications may be destroyed. Just down yourself on purpose and use Team Revive to repair fortifications free of cost.
  3. Helpful Headshots gives Stim and healing to nearby teammates. Great card for Horde to keep your team upright.
  4. For Escape, stick to the damage resistance and Stim cards to keep yourself tanky for as long as possible.

Jack

1. If you’re not Forging…make sure to help the engineer move fortifications, collect power, collect power taps and revive teammates. Especially in Horde Frenzy games.
  2. DPS Jack is always helpful. Make sure to equip Explosive Hijack and hijack enemies like Mulcher/Boomshot Scions & DR-1s to maximize your DPS and create a temporary distraction for the other enemies.
  3. When reviving a downed teammate, make sure to keep them continually healed to get them back to safe cover.
  4. You are de-cloaked when capping a Power Tap and when flying over an enemy. Be cautious of that.
  5. Ask the Jack in the game if they are going DPS build or Forging build to figure out whether to buy a Forge or not (1-50 hordes only). Nowadays no one forges because the power taps give you so much power and health.

Tactician

1. This is one of the classes that doesn’t need to deposit at the beginning of the game…since it relies on explosive ammo so much. Instead perk up the Resupply Explosive Ammo to 10 first. That perk paired with Resupply Speed Loader skill card allows you to rain Boomshot and GLs at your will during your ultimate.
  2. When running Interrogation build, make sure to use Tac-Com to see the Demolition’s ULT progress so that you don’t run into the spawn area trying to meatshield an enemy before the Demo has their Ult back. Running Grenade Pouch is very helpful to ensure enough enemies are stunned while you are finding an enemy to meatshield.
  3. Make sure to mark as many enemies as possible. Not only is it beneficial to your teammates to know where enemies are. It also is benefits you because of the Tactician’s passive in addition to skill cards like Recharge Bounty and perks like Cooldown on Kill.
  4. If you’re running Resupply Amplifier, be sure to position yourself in an area that will maximize the effectiveness of the Resupply.
  5. Resupply Duration is kind of mandatory because without it the duration is only about 10s. Especially in some Escape hives that have Shorter Ultimate as a mutator (The End, The Link, Ice Queen) - it is essential to have this card to neutralize that mutator.

Mechanic

1. Try to obtain a Lancer early on in your Horde games via a teammate or Cyclops - it is very handy in the first couple of waves building up the base.
  2. Try to see where your teammates are setup and try to place fortifications to enhance their setup area. Ex: Horizontal barriers in doorways, shock sentries placed to slow enemies down further, MG sentries in the back of the base for flyers, combine barrier end posts into one)
  3. Always bring Overclock and build weapons lockers early. Your DPS classes need constant ammo resupply so this card is a must for survivability on higher difficulties.
  4. Once the base is setup, allow your teammates to perk early on so they can enhance their DPS into the higher waves. Once done, give the money to the engineer or deposit into the fabricator so the engineer can continue to enhance their base setup.
  5. Once you are about to use your ultimate, make sure to notify your teammates (if in party chat) - there is a slight lag that sometimes occurs to everyone else in lobby when deploying the turret which could disrupt the flow of the game.

Robotics Expert

1. When running Bloody DR-1, make sure to deploy the DR-1 in an area away from enemies and mark the targets you would like to them to attack. This increases the likelihood of the robot actually shooting at the intended target.
  2. Global Overclock is a must have. Even faster ammo regeneration than the Mechanic.
  3. Precision Repairs is very useful. Take advantage of some of the lower health enemies (Leech, Imago, Juvies). Utilizing a Veteran’s ultimate with the Markza is an easy way to catch up with repairs as well.

Architect

1. Don’t be afraid to use the Hologram ultimate. Probably one of the best in the game. It works better than regular decoys at distracting bosses and larger enemies. Make sure to run Hologram Extend and Hologram Lifetime to maximize the time the Hologram stays on the field.
  2. Deception is an awesome skill card that brings some DPS to this class. Works beautifully to take enemies down that aren’t looking in your direction even faster.

Slugger

1. If you’re running 50 wave Horde, try to just use regular ballistic weapons in the early waves. This allows the engineer to have the power needed to build the base. In frenzy, I’d probably deposit some power and then use the rest to buy frags and then start to perk a few waves later.
  2. Only frags and shocks grant extra grenade damage. Incendiary grenades don’t do any extra damage.
  3. Be cautious of the number of grenades you have available. Once you perk Grenade Resupply to 10, you’ll have an extra grenade every 15s. However, once you drop to 0…the game won’t resupply you an extra grenade until you buy some from the fabricator. So be sure to at least have 1 equipped at all times.
  4. If you have CQC classes in the game (Infiltrator, Blademaster…etc), make sure to avoid lobbing shock grenades into the spawn. This renders CQC classes useless because they will get stunned and won’t be able to deal any damage.

Striker

1. In Horde Frenzy, feel free to buy a Breaker Mace from the beginning. In regular Horde, try to deposit money for the first few waves to help the engineer get the base built up. Using regular weapons and the ultimate will suffice those early waves. Wardens appear on waves 8 & 9 so you can stack up on Breaker Maces then.
  2. First Strike actually works for all sources of damage. Melee, ballistic…etc. Can make the Striker a solid sniper class if you want the play the class a different way.
  3. You can stun the Matriarch and several bosses with the ultimate.

Protector

1. Avoid dropping the Dropshield in the direct line of sight of DPS classes like Demolitions, Tactician, Gunner or Pilot. Instead drop it in the field away from their line of fire.
  2. Unlike BM, this class doesn’t need to perk early on in Horde or Frenzy to be effective. This class has Bloody Blade which provides bleeding damage to this class.
  3. Contrary to popular opinion, I suggest NOT running Big Knife (extra melee damage card) because of the nature of the Protector’s passive. Extra melee damage means enemies are not bleeding for as long – thus the less healing and melee damage resistance the class receives.

Take care everyone.
-Dr Shwazz

23 Likes

Great Guide.

Thanks for all your hard work helping everyone get better at Gears 5!

1 Like

Ult bypasses Bastionshield on Warden

Terrible tip. Cloak will run out long before anyone is revived and if everyone already wiped chances are the fab is covered in enemies.

The more walls the better. Each added wall/object adds another mulitplier to the damage.

That’s why you always run stim.

*locker / right?

Not a bug though. Any form of damage (including FF) gives stim.

Yeah, nah. Perking ult feedback and 4-5 Longshot headshots is the key. BE is an awful card and will most likely get you killed.

Pretty sure every half decent Marcus is using Dug in. Playing without it is the equivalent of unequipping TotH with Lahni.

Wasn’t that already changed a long time?

Unless you want a locker ASAP you should always keep your money for perks. A good engi doesn’t need any further deposits after that.

3 Likes

Unless you want a locker ASAP you should always keep your money for perks. A good engi doesn’t need any further deposits after that.

I so glad you mentioned this. Too many think no one should perk in the early waves. Where if the engi is good and the team can handle it there’s plenty of money!

Other wise great post OP!

3 Likes

Yeah I know about that ult bypasses the Bastion on Warden. Not sure if that’s intended so I didn’t mention it.
Cloak won’t run out if you’re nearby your teammates or if you’re running Cloak Batteries and Chain. I don’t see how that’s a terrible tip. Opinions I suppose lol.

Yeah for Anchor I meant to say locker. Sorry didn’t proofread as much as I wanted lol.

For Pilot, it’s hard to say that’s intended or a bug honestly because every other class that has Stim can kill themselves with Incendiary grenades. The card itself says “Dealing any amount of damage to enemies gives 6hp Stim”.

I get that opinion on BE - I actually kinda agree I don’t run it all the time. With the perk you really dont need it in Horde. Escape - sure its a better card for that.

Again you are clearly a veteran player like myself so some of these tips are basic to us Gearsheads of course.

1 Like

This is perfect that he said this cuz with the first 10 thousand I buy barriers then lockers

2 Likes

I agree for the most part especially for Frenzy. But in Horde 1-50, I think most classes should deposit for the first few waves or so. Perk after 10 or 15 waves or whenever the engineer says - it depends. Obvious exceptions are Tactician, Blademaster, Anchor etc…

Cloakbuild just isn’t viable imo. It’s handicapping yourself on purpose. Scions will just look at you strange and your stim is gone and if you want to use Juvie or any flusher to keep your ult going you have to drop either OVK or Gnasher to free up space on your back AND on top of that hope that none of your teammates will kill said flusher.

Disagree again. First 20 waves in regular 50s are an absolute joke imo. Same rule I mentioned above applies - want a locker, pay for it - otherwise perks are a better investment.

Most classes can live off of ammoboxes and/or perks just fine - especially considering the cooldown is 90(?) seconds and a forced respawn with each new wave. So effectively you get 4 or in some cases ( Panini for example) 6 boxes per wave.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying about perking vs depositing. If I’m engineer, I always buy players a locker - no matter the class. Just seems like the right thing to do. Whether they use it or not is up to them lol.

I always deposit unless for a few select classes. But I understand everyone plays differently so it is what it is.

6 Likes

Just to add regarding the Brawler, tackling and accidentally vaulting over low cover - you can avoid this by simply not holding the L thumbstick in any forward/upwards direction. If you simply use the L stick to move left and right, you’ll be fine. If anything I’ve had to retrain my brain to hold the L stick down/backwards while I’m running. It doesn’t change the run motion - running simply relies on holding down the A button (or whatever button is designated for roadie running). The vast majority of players tend to hold the L stick up instinctively as standard movement requires this to move forward, but as I mentioned while running it’s not required.

5 Likes

Perks are very important for every class. For the most part I say perk and then deposit the change if you feel like helping the engi out a little more. For the first waves this is plenty and are rolling in energy later as long as taps are up. By perking later, I often come across where now the you are behind the difficulty curve and are now playing catch up. Then as previously stated deposit every thing if you need a locker.

Most engis I see that are super strict on depositing seem to use all the money yet, still leave their team unprotected or under supplied with lockers as they waste it all on unnecessary sentries. (To me there is a point where sentries become excessive.)

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is a glitch.

I know this is true in general, unless you build together an EMBAR setup. There’s Relic EMBAR on Atrium that’s super strong and EMBAR works pretty well on The Split, as it’s the only precision weapon there, without Longshot around. So they are just exceptions.

Recently, I’ve been running a Nomad build without using Lancer / Retro but Concussive Boltok, so this doesn’t apply to me.

Unless they do get outside, then it is a last resort that would absolutely help. An execution Nomad is literally useless if they don’t execute at all.

This is dependant on card setup. Without Torch Tackle but using ranged playing with fire, there’s no reason to tackle enemies as it’s pretty low damage and likely haven’t geared cards around high resistance.

I honestly don’t think there’s any point in using Ultimate Battery when you have Ultra Slow Recharge because you’re going to have to get hit or shot at, at all. Even the most efficient way which is Jack heal beaming Gunner, it would still take a while and too much getting DBNO. There’s way better cards to use during Ultra Slow Recharge… Just my opinion.

Maybe but Scorcher is fun, if you haven’t tried it. It’d work better with Vampire modifier.

Or they can play it safe and headshot critical areas with Longshot. The high damage gives back more cooldown, when damage into cooldown perk is spent. Brutal Efficiency helps against Juvies and Sires, enemies that aren’t easy to headshot with Longshot.

This would depend whether you have someone like Nomad with you. If they are intending to use Armoured Shot, and you can only fit one more card, then Band of Brothers would help out more than Dug In, because it benefits others. And if there’s Blademasters, they could take cover or Infiltrator, and get lot of stim.

This depends. Some of the hives are really easy to not get shot from, so can trade some cards for more damage related ones, especially if they have any form of Lancers in them. They start with Snub so could have a high powered Snub.

Explosive HIjack isn’t necessary. There is a neat trick where say you end hijack as Scion, you can isolate it and zap it for more cooldown towards next hijack. And kill it off before next wave. Sometimes, the hijack simply kills them when ending.

That’s all I have to say. Everything else I agree with.

1 Like

Edit: Forgot to write that Jack is a great companion for CQC classes, but with caution of when zapping an enemy is helpful or not (not stealing kills or going DBNO trying to be more helpful)

And if you have a bad team, sometimes it’s better to Hijack enemies who can revive your team. I had to let Scions explode because most of the team is DBNO at the base and I’m on the other side of the map killing enemies.

Also for a bad team, it’s better to Hijack and keep close to the base

You forgot writing that Jack can’t Hijack Elite grenadiers when they have the helmet. I saw some low level Jack trying to Hijack them without results (and going DBNO most of the time).

Also, Jack can keep healing a player so he/she could revive a DBNO player if that player is out of reach or in a bad place without covers. Otherwise, the outcome is just Jack and the original player DBNO. (For those that think that Jack SHOULD revive everyone everywhere in every moment).

Other thing to note: If you have a bad team, if Jack doesn’t have the ultimate and the base is being overrun, depending of the enemy sometimes is better that Jack sacrifices himself for the good of the team. Zapping Scions or DR-1 will give your team a window for trying to kill it while some enemies try to kill you

(I know that the idea is not getting a bad team, but if you join to random lobbies this can happen).

2 Likes

It still isn’t great, speaking from experience, in Horde. The EMBAR somehow breaks freeze on Scions if you want to use it after freezing them with the Markza, and if the Scion isn’t frozen, it takes at LEAST two mags to kill a single one with the 2x health poison, even if all are headshots and you have all available damage bonuses. And two headshots(three if helmeted, most of the time) for a Grenadier Elite. It really needs a damage buff, even if not to the point of having the same headshot damage as the Longshot. Of course I’m not taking into account X-Ray, but that has little bearing on the regular usage of the weapon during non-ult periods.

Escape is a different playing field since the enemies never get anything more than their base Master health. The Marksman EMBAR works just as well for anything besides maybe on The Line with the uber Scions.

I’ve noticed some inconsistencies with this. The majority of the time I go down whilst the Barrier is up, it disappears. But there are some occasions - I reckon about 1 out of 5 times, where it doesn’t and the Barrier remains.

Anyone have any idea what causes this? Is it a glitch? And does anyone know the circumstances this happens in?

1 Like

Primarily observed - Boomshot double explosion getting you downed makes the Anchor barrier not disappear. And when a Sire melees you instead of lunging. Those are the only two circumstances I’ve noticed this in, and that is what makes me think the Boomshot thing is a bug(that is never getting fixed) because you’re not supposed to keep the barrier when downed.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is a glitch

Given how bad TC skill card descriptions are and the fact that they barely test anything in the game…how do you know its a glitch? Active reloads do more damage and it seems to transfer to the ULT. That’s been around since the games been out. How do you know for sure it’s intended or not? No way to tell - its not completely obvious lol.

I know this is true in general, unless you build together an EMBAR setup. There’s Relic EMBAR on Atrium that’s super strong and EMBAR works pretty well on The Split, as it’s the only precision weapon there, without Longshot around. So they are just exceptions.

This was in general for Horde and Escape. I know for the Split you have no choice but to use EMBARs. And of course Atrium Frenzy is the other exception. But the fact that the Robotics Expert’s EMBAR is stronger than the Marksman’s is pretty sad tbh lol.

Recently, I’ve been running a Nomad build without using Lancer / Retro but Concussive Boltok, so this doesn’t apply to me.

Nomad is the most versatile class but I was referring to execution build - which is primarily the basic Escape build. But obviously lots of hybrid builds could work as well. Depends on the player.

This is dependant on card setup. Without Torch Tackle but using ranged playing with fire, there’s no reason to tackle enemies as it’s pretty low damage and likely haven’t geared cards around high resistance.

Yeah this was a rough draft so I didn’t explain stuff as clearly as I’d like to have. This was referring to Brawler’s CQC abilities in Escape only. Ranged build obviously is a different scenario.

I honestly don’t think there’s any point in using Ultimate Battery when you have Ultra Slow Recharge because you’re going to have to get hit or shot at, at all. Even the most efficient way which is Jack heal beaming Gunner, it would still take a while and too much getting DBNO. There’s way better cards to use during Ultra Slow Recharge… Just my opinion.

I honestly don’t use that card much either - other than some Escape runs. Gunner has a lot of versatility so I was trying to hype up the card I suppose lol. Heavy Charger kinda negates that mutator if it’s ever on the daily Horde. Ultimate Battery is more useful in Escape especially if you bring a Demolitions and they need their ultimate charged fast.

Maybe but Scorcher is fun, if you haven’t tried it. It’d work better with Vampire modifier.

I never found Silverback Scorcher useful. The range was too little and it ends up hurting you more often than not and the DPS just isn’t there on high difficulties.

Or they can play it safe and headshot critical areas with Longshot. The high damage gives back more cooldown, when damage into cooldown perk is spent. Brutal Efficiency helps against Juvies and Sires, enemies that aren’t easy to headshot with Longshot.

This was intended to be meant for Escape purposes. Brutal Efficiency in regular horde isn’t that great bc the Ultimate Cooldown perk with some GL rounds or headshotting enemies will bring back the ULT in no time.

This would depend whether you have someone like Nomad with you. If they are intending to use Armoured Shot, and you can only fit one more card, then Band of Brothers would help out more than Dug In, because it benefits others. And if there’s Blademasters, they could take cover or Infiltrator, and get lot of stim.

Yes of course it’s all situational. Dug In and Band of Brothers combined in quite tanky as you might imagine.

Explosive HIjack isn’t necessary. There is a neat trick where say you end hijack as Scion, you can isolate it and zap it for more cooldown towards next hijack. And kill it off before next wave. Sometimes, the hijack simply kills them when ending.

That is a clever trick. It extends the length of the run though. Could be useful after boss waves if like a Matriarch wrecked the base and needed repair time.

Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

It’s 100% not intended but everything in regards to bleed must be finest spaghetti code so they can’t get rid of it. Just look at Lahni with Claw/Gnasher or Keegan with Disciplined/Snub - HB. Same thing and applies to any bleeding - same with JD as well. It’s not just the Ult-bleed.

To add to Baird : active Embar shots completely shut down Senties/Guardian Weapons. They’ll still hover around but as long as you keep shooting him he won’t be able to defend himself. Shield or not.

Combined with the DR1 that makes for really easy kills and completely trivializes them.

2 Likes

The Lahni Claw/Gnasher thing doesn’t work. She doesn’t get extra melee damage with those weapons out - I test that recently. I swear BM used to but not anymore.

Keegan gigableed still works. And obviously other examples, Anyways not our fault…TC doesn’t test the stuff so there’s tons of room for bugs/exploits and I guess it isn’t severe or braindead enough for them to care. Like Graces old bleeding barriers lol

The bleed is increased though.

Idk about barriers but a bunch of other things still (or again) work just fine atm.