Gears Forums

Tips for those on console struggling against PC and skilled Players (UPDATED) March 24

versus

(TGLT Clutch) #1

instead off investing into elite controllers, get a monitor with 1ms respone time. It will make sure you have minimal inpu lag and 60hz with 1ms reslonse times are cheaper than getting elite controllers.

TV settings(VERY IMPORTANT)

Turn on Game Mode under display settings on your TV to ensure you have minimum input lag and more responsiveness. Turning on this setting will greatly reduce input lag and provide a better experience for all games.

Xbox video output
Go into video output setting and change to PC RGB(if your TV supports)
Match your color depth(8,10,12-bit) with your TV’s max. This is to make sure your TV doesn’t have to do some processing before showing the picture.

Controller settings(Helpful)
have high sensitivity and aim acceleration so that you have a chance against a mouse.

Inner deadzone 0-3

Outer deadzone 0
^Lower deadzones= better responsiveness

Go on ‘Mature Content’ and turn off GORE. This definitely helps with knowing how many shots you hit on your opponent

Tactics

Use the lancer and try not to run straight into a gnasher fight, especially if they are PC.
If a PC players picks up snipe don’t hard aim standing still or sitting in cover.
Don’t sit on the side of cover where you can get shot.

Best way to stop a PC player from lancering you down is to take cover (seriously I see console players keep on pushing PC lancers for no reason and keep on dying in KOTH and TDM)

If you ever come across a stack of Good players(PC or not) it’s better to stay passive if you want to win.(Now this is applicable to all modes except ring-based ones.)

Mindset(IMPORTANT)
Don’t get mad if you lose against PC, see it as a way to improve. They do have a ‘slight’ advantage over you but you should be able to get used to it and manage to win.

More tips coming in future…

(GB6 Kazuya) #2

I don’t consider them that much of a threat.

(SchizoPsycho74) #3

So what you’re saying is that PC players are better than console players. LMFAO! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(AliceInChainsaw) #4

Loch Lomond and the Trossachs are awesome.

(Max Thinkies) #5

As a PC Gears 4 player who plays on mouse and keyboard, console players are still very much a challenge, for Gears, not much changes when talking about controller vs mouse and keyboard advantages and disadvantages.

(TGLT Clutch) #6

thia is for those Struggling, see title.

(SchizoPsycho74) #7

Gotcha! :roll_eyes:

(GB6 Kazuya) #8

Random. I love it :joy:

(AliceInChainsaw) #9

Lol. I just saw you were from Scotland and had nothing to add to the thread. :smiley:

(TGLT Clutch) #10

wtf does that mean?

(III EnVii III) #11

My tips are when playing against PC Players:

Don’t think every PC is going to be super accurate and super sweaty.

There are noob PC players too.

Not everyone is running the latest and greatest hardware at 1,000+ fps.

Some people are getting by on all low settings maybe 30-60fps too.

Some people just don’t have the skill even when playing Mouse and Keyboard.

A lot of PC players do play Controller as well.

All in all, it’s always more about getting matchmaking to create fair matches.

Because the population is so low, a lot of high skilled PC players are left in the game and so it can look like PC players are too good to play against or people may shy away from playing PC players because of this. Also, a lot of high skilled Xbox players turn off Crossplay, which is frustrating.

In reality, this isn’t the case.

(TGLT Clutch) #12

did you write that 5th line to insult me? :frowning_face:

(III EnVii III) #13

No, it’s the truth, there will be a lot of people who can’t run this game at above Low/Medium Settings.

(AliceInChainsaw) #14

It means I hijacked your thread for a second and said something completely unrelated to someone else.

(RedDoog888) #15

Hi,

Sorry to asked, but what is Crossplay?

(RedDoog888) #16

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. some apply no matter console or PC. I resent changed settings like you have mentioned and I have improved my K/D

MY Settings

28,28.28, 10 3,1

(mizzelphug) #17

All my controllers are broken from playing Trials too much.
My left sticks have extra grooves worn into them so the movement is choppy.

My right bumpers fall off if I lean the controller too far, and my left index finger doesn’t really work since being sewn back on after a bandsaw incident 22 years ago.

Needless to say controller settings don’t help me very much with physical problems.
I just turned off crossplay so I never have to deal with PC players again.

(III EnVii III) #18

Crossplay is just Xbox v PC / PC v Xbox

(TGLT Clutch) #19

You are of those console players who actually have a reason to turn off crossplay and I don’t have anything against your choice there. But some people are scared for no good reason.

(Hot Chili Fries) #20

I have yet to encounter any PC player/s who completely dominates the match. People rag on the rank system a lot from what I see, but I’ve been getting some very close matches usually, so any PC players I play against are either on my level or only slightly worse or better.

even tho I’m biased from never having used a mouse and keyboard for a shooter, I just don’t see how it could be more comfortable in Gears of War. The only advantage I could see a mouse giving in this game is with the Longshot, hamburst (idk how to spell it), or boltok. Everything else is fairly easy to aim with .