Thoughts on tournaments?

So my gaming team (Slayscion Gaming) hosts tournaments for other games and we wanted to try some gears ones. Our prize pools are usually about $1000 USD. It would require a buy in fee. We are looking at horde as well as pvp modes. Thoughts?

Horde tournaments would be stupid unless you put on very hard conditions/rulesets (like only 2 cards and certain classes, that sort of thing) so that seems a bit out there in terms of something fun to compete in.

As for PvP I don’t believe I need to say very much for that. Gears 5 has had lots of tournaments (UMG is currently hosting one I believe) so you should try and follow the rulesets they’ve set out I imagine, though obviously specific gamemodes or maps are up to your organization.

If you wanna do a small tourney 2v2 Gnashers, snub, nades are safe bet I’d imagine, that way you wouldn’t have to worry about getting as many participants.

thanks for the feedback. I was definitely looking into restrictions to make horde more challenging for a tournament.

If you’re gonna do versus tournaments, I’d suggest starting with SSG Control (smoke, Snub and Gnasher only). It’s fairly accessible and simple, as well as popular. It would be a safe bet imo.
Also, people will probably want to restrict the tournaments to be console vs console and pc vs pc. Or crossplay on and crossplay off tournaments separately.
Personally I believe that dividing the tournaments into crossplay on and crossplay off would be the way to go. And you could in the future focus mainly or solely on either one, based on popularity and feedback.

1 Like

The fact that people are more concerned about platforms than inputs is insane to me. I’ll take a hundred pc players over a single m&k player

4 Likes

Well, I suggested those options because it probably would be impossible for OP here to monitor what inputs players use and you’re far more likely to come across kB/m users on pc than on console.
But if they can monitor the inputs then they should definitely do that.

1 Like

Thoughts on tournaments?

Well, it’s a weird word and can be difficult to pronounce.

Some people emphasize the tour, and some say turn, as the first syllable.

1 Like

Pvp youll definitely get some love, horde probably not.

Allow cross platform ban m&kb.

The lower the entry fee the more players youll get.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback. Im going to see what budget i can get approved for this and I will make it happen

Lol fair point.

Safe to round the Forum Clan then?

We’re meeting at an underground safehouse so we can decide what skins to use.

Also, will the pvp be 4 or 5 players?

2 Likes

4 player.

1 Like

I’m not into PvP on g5 but I’d love to watch as a spectator. Will it be possible?

I dont see why not!

1 Like

Cool, if you decide to go ahead then I’ll definitely want to participate.

ETA on when it could be as I might have to plan ahead

1 Like

Sweet!

Ill talk with my boss tonight and try for mid july!

2 Likes

Who you including in the forum clan?

I done told you already boy. but Kyle is out since he doesn’t play anymore :weary:

1 Like

I’ll be on more this weekend going forward……

1 Like