This Week in Gears:

Hello everyone! Another This Week in Gears awaits us, our first since Operation 8!

Versus Event: Vampiric FFA

For this week, we’ll be activating Vampiric FFA!

This event is all about 14-player Free for All with one mutator active.

• Vampire: You only heal when dealing damage, this presents the opportunity to go on an absolute rampage if you keep winning your fights.

Note: For this event, the Torque Bow spawns have been replaced by the Markza MK2.

Vampiric FFA also has a medal group to complete:

• Complete 5 Matches – 4 Stars
  • Get 50 Eliminations – 5 Stars
  • Do 50000 Damage – 5 Stars

Completion of this medal group will grant 3,000 Gear Coins

Featured Hive: The Warren

The juvies in this hive are electrifying and won’t go down easy.

Weekly Store

• Desert Swarm Drone – 250 Iron
  • Desert Swarm Hunter – 250 Iron
  • Hopscotch Loadout Execution – 500 Iron
  • Taco Bloodspray – 250 Iron
  • Alien Mark – 125 Iron

Feature Store

• Major Paduk – 500 Iron, 4,000 Gear Coins
  • Museum Legacy Set – 850 Iron, 6,800 Gear Coins
  • Juggler Expression – 300 Iron, 2,400 Gear Coins
  • Atom Mark – 65 Iron, 500 Gear Coins
  • Trace Bloodspray – 125 Iron, 1,000 Gear Coins

Gears esports

And here is what you can expect across the world of esports in Gears 5!

Store

• Black Steel Queen Myrrah – $2.99 USD

Gears Glory

As we mentioned last week, Gears Glory this month is all focused on Tattoos! For this, we’ve been asking you to send us images of your Gears ink! If you want to send yours use the hashtag #GearsGlory.

#GearsGlory been a while since i had this pic.twitter.com/dY6zV3GqoC— 𝔩 ℜ𝔢𝔮𝔲𝔦3𝔪 𝔩 (Mark) (@I_Requi3m_I) August 2, 2021

Server Updates

Here’s what server updates you can expect to see this week:

• Added the Pride Omen Weapon set to the Essentials store.
  • Removed Ritual as the main menu map screen, the game will now cycle through a list of maps on the menu.
  • Heroic Baird has now been added to the Heroic tab.
  • Thank you to everyone who played with and gave feedback for the Markza Mk 2 prototype. Based on feedback and our internal testing we will be rolling out the following changes:
    • Lowering the body shot damage to require 3 bullets to down an enemy.
    • Lowering the ammo count to 20 total shots on pick-up.
    • 1-shot headshots will remain as-is.
    • In addition, collateral damage will be enabled for this rifle in the latest Versus events.

And as always, take care and have a wonderful week!

TC

4 Likes

Give me Heroic Lahni. I’ll pay 1 million coins to have it early. Come on. Help a guy out.

4 Likes

What about the locked loadout curb stomps?

They’ll be part of a store package upcoming, keep an eye out!

3 Likes

I’m surprised they have not rereleased a certain expression I use all the time. It came to the store only once over a year ago and never came back. A couple of my friends on these forums know exactly which one :yum:

3 Likes

The disco dance is for El Chumbo use only.

Fixed it for you

Don’t be like @GhostofDelta2 :weary:

1 Like

Oh, my mistake lol

Who doesn’t want to be like @GhostofDelta2 though. I mean, just look at him.

1 Like

Okay. I will agree with you on that.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Hot Paduk finally returns!

2 Likes

It’s interesting how the Breechshot is considered a prototype weapon which was abandoned during development, but has been added now, but TC are bothering to tweak it at all. I thought it was kinda like a “behind the scenes” treat. Sort of like buying a special edition version of an album and getting some extra demos of songs, b-sides and outtakes, but this suggests that TC want to make something of the Breechshot.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for the “get hype” emote for all the characters.
I remember it was only available on launch week as as a paid only pack, that’s why I didn’t get it.
Probably the main reason I only use the drone in multiplayer.

Maybe one day…

Thank you for not just instantly nerfing this gun into the ground. There was a fair amount of “OP” talk, but I feel this weapon should be sought after, fought over and feared. It’s a ton of fun to use.

1 Like

Alright! It was honestly painful to win 5 event matches lol. Sometimes matchmaking would be kind and give me a team that can play but most times it gave me a team that couldn’t play or didn’t give me a team at all and that made getting the wins near impossible lol.

I was the same. When it was announced, I was under the impression that they would be adding it to customs and some vs events and leaving it at that without any tweaking involved at all. I really like it as is. It’s definitely a weapon players should be afraid of and something that should keep players on their toes.

let me guess… *proceeds to disco dance"

I’m waiting for the Fahz crying. I know it’s annoying as anything but I missed it and have been waiting since.

Besides that, i see the feature being M.paduk instead of winter hunter i mean feel like that was a miss y’all put things related to new section and when i heard y’all made a new hunter skin i thought featured would had winter skin,am buying desert but am missing the winter hunter i loved it when i saw someone using it, and besides am fan or better said his my favorite out of all swarm characters.so???

A mouthwatering week ahead

Still no usable Swarm skins in PvE?
Expected, yet disappointing. :cry: