OCT 12, 2020
THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: OCTOBER 12 – 19
Due to today’s TU, Gears 5 is getting updated today to help prepare for the launch of the Series X | S.
Last Friday, we listed out the patch notes but a few big ones slipped through the cracks. Here they are:
- Fixed the “Sticky Cover’ issue that occurred when players remap classic alternate, they are unable to roll from cover while holding the A button
- Fixed an issue with Guardian where if the Leader doesn’t leave the spawn point, the spawns won’t flip.
- Fixed an issue with Guardian where Players were unable to respawn if leader dies during respawn countdown.
- Fixed an issue so users will no longer be able to stand on cover by repeatedly pressing start while mantling.
- Fixed an issue in Ranked where kills that are finished by environmental map features now grant the User GP.
- Fixed an issue in FFA where sometimes all weapon spawns are only Gnashers instead of regular weapon pick ups.
We’re also updating the Developer’s Playlist so we can test out changes to the Longshot, melee lunge, health regeneration and the Gnasher spread size. Checkout this post for all the details.
VERSUS EVENT: OSOK
We’re bringing back OSOK this week for two reasons.
- It’s awesome.
- We’re rolling out a new tuning for the Longshot (in this mode and the Developer’s Playlist) and we want to see what everyone thinks.
FEATURED HIVE: THE SPLIT
The Split is sticking around for a bit longer.
The Split forces you to make a choice. Do you head to the med-bay where you can give yourself an “extra life” or will you make your way to a fabri-station where you can get some lethal weapons.
Which will you choose?
- Outsider Kait – 250 Iron
- Voodoo weapon set – 425 Iron
- Boxing Showboat expression – 300 Iron
- Cobweb weapon set – 425 Iron or 3,400 Gears Coins
- RIP bloodspray – 125 Iron or 1,000 Gears Coins
- RIP mark – 65 Iron or 500 Gears Coins
- Chrome Steel Locust Drone – $9.99 USD