This Week in Gears: November 24 - 30

Bet they won’t add any female WWE stars with all the BS diversity wannabe company this is going!

All for diversity until we want female wrestlers …

Mhmmmmm

The Coders have a fixation with men in tights…

No way we’re getting wwe females… I hope though…

All this LGBTQ+ making whole lotta sense

2 Likes

Black phantom in the store…

What do I say?

This is beyond the pale.

Exclusive skins from Gears 4 grinding is now made available to anyone.

How are we suppose to react? Cheers?

I’m not sure what TC is doing anymore.

8 Likes

Just wondering if we should fear General rewards becoming available in store.

So far I’ve gotten them all and planned on continuing the trend, but seeing things like this make me wonder if all the grinding is worth it.

3 Likes

Probably are!

The ranked skins I grinded for masters are or actually available now.

Op1,2,3

It’s a funny situation TC has created. If there is no exclusivity, then either people will spend money or not care to grind for skins. I’m betting the latter.

1 Like

You know, that’s fair. I hadn’t really paid attention to promises of exclusivity. But if TC said that and didn’t back it up, yeah, that’s ■■■■■■.

3 Likes

To be fair what did you expect?

In gears 4 they just cycled the same sets of skins over and over throughout the entire life of gears 4.

Guess I expected better from “The Coders”

You’re right.

TC WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? READ UNDERNEATH THIS SKINS’ LABLE. IT LITERALLY SAYS “LOYALTY SERIES” WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS THINKING GIVING THIS TO EVERYONE??? WAY TO THANK ME AND MANY OTHERS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK WE PUT IN…

If you don’t change this and it actually ends up going live I’m dropping the ■■■■■■■ game all together starting today lol that ■■■■ AINT fair…we’ve put up with you throwing in garbage map ports with no significant design changes, you giving us lambent skins which should literally be character variations for the base character(Like seriously you guys spent SOOOO much time on maps that on the first day of OP 5 you lock highly requested legacy characters behind a paywall then you throw the lambent characters in mid operation sithout giving us that info before hand…you people seem to ALWAYS RELAPSE AND NEVER CORRECT YOUR MISTAKES!!!) and worst of all your lack of creativity and content…but if you go through with this you’ve officially lost a RIDICULOUSLY LOYAL FAN!

I’m sick of people who don’t deserve ■■■■ getting ■■■■ awarded to them because of you…this is the last straw bruh…I’ve been here since 2006 with the OG gears…this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

5 Likes

Seems like an odd hill to die on if you’re a 2006 OG fan, but hey… I guess we all have our reasons for being here.

The skins are definitely coming to the store though… sorry :persevere:

4 Likes

Yeah bro I’ve been playing gears since 2006 when i was in elementary school. I’m 21 now and the biggest reason for me continuing to play is because I love this franchise to DEATH!!

Not only that but In gears 4 I had yet to reach Diamond rank to prove i was a decent player due to the trashcan ranking system and I finally hit it in gears 5 (where the system ACTUALLY WORKS) and wanted to obtain masters but unfortunately lol…that may hve to be canceled due to this trash what’s up…

1 Like

You may take a bunch of crap for this statement. Not from me (I don’t care one way or the other… hate ranked), but there are many people who dislike the new GP system because they feel the eliminations are far too forgiving to provide a true skill gap.

1 Like

I can somewhat agree with that honestly. Some people literally get carried for a rank up but don’t exactly deserve it. I’m typically #1 or #2 though for the most part.

But it wasn’t to prove to the community I’m a decent player, i don’t care about their opinion. it’s much more to prove to myself I’m a decent player as i saw diamond as the pinnacle of skill in gears 4.

Also not to get too off topic do you agree with them putting the Black Phantom in the store? I mean I wouldn’t blame you, they’re cool skins.

1 Like

Agree. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Dumb decision

1 Like

I don’t fuss over skins. I understand why some would be upset, though. If something is touted as limited edition, and later it is released widely, I can see that getting a reaction out of most people.

But you’re talking to the guy who spent a BUNCH of money to complete all achievements in Gears POP (first in the world actually) and now that they announced servers are closing, I am advocating they make the achievements in the game obtainable for everyone, because it’s crap that the game was only supported for 1.5 years.

Ultimately, in the end, this is a video game. People should have fun with a video game. If people think Black Phantom skins are fun, but weren’t around during the time the were initially available and are able to score them now, I’m not personally miffed about it.

6 Likes

Imo, ■■■■ exclusive items and limited time only items, I think everyone should be allowed to try to earn any weapon or character skin at some point. Whether the item is paid for and STAYS paid for or a challenge that STAYS doable whether servers get shut off etc. So I’m kinda happy I’ll get the phantom skins.

1 Like

Cool skins! Might buy them. Got plenty of coin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have the phantom set so yeah I’m pretty upset that they are trynna hook on all these new people that joined thanks to the WWE cross promotion, but now instead of knowing when I see someone in my lobby with these skins they are an avid gears lover and have as much passion and spend as much time as myself in this franchise, they could be any old just came to check it out cause I guy that’s cool on tv is in it, ergo giving this skin no meaning anymore.

ALSOOOOOOOO that CS Mac has to be the weakest chrome steel I’ve ever seen, first one of the op and this is the best they could give us? And single changed chest piece smaller than the womans armour? Really TC? What did you spend all this time doing, I’m glad we got separate classes but what’s the point of the engine working if the rest of the ship is falling apart?

Such a shame

4 Likes

Same with the ranked skins.

Now I won’t be able to tell who the real players are.

1 Like