This Week in Gears: November 24 - 30

THIS WEEK IN GEARS: NOVEMBER 24 – 30

This Week in Gears will fill you in on everything happening in-game for Gears 5!

VERSUS EVENT: THANKSGIBBING

The Thanksgibbing cards, available for a limited time in Gears 5

It’s time again for Thanksgibbing, Cluckshots and all!

For those who haven’t experienced a Gears Thanksgiving before, Thanksgibbing is a game-mode variant playlist featuring 5v5 TDM, Dodgeball and Guardian, where everyone starts with a Cluckshot – a version of the Boomshot that fires exploding chickens (unfortunately, turkeys don’t quite fit).

This version kicks things up a notch by making your flying chicken projectiles lay explosive eggs along their flight path whenever you hit an active. That’s right – when you hit an active, the exploding chicken you fire from your Cluckshot will carpet bomb little exploding eggs on its way to its destination…yes, you read that correctly.

Make sure to visit the store, as we’re giving away the Cluckshot skin, along with the Turkey and Gobble Gobble marks for FREE.

Go out there and get clucking!

ESCAPE HIVE: THE LINK

The Link is a close-quarters gauntlet where shotgun accuracy is key, as Rifle Drones and the Warden are invulnerable to everything else. As a reminder, we’ve updated our weekly Hive to provide a series of rotating rewards for when you beat pre-set times.

WEEKLY STORE

The new items for the Gear Store for Nov 24, 2020

• Locust Flame Grenadier – 250 Iron
  • Bog Boom mark – 65 Iron
  • Giant Worm Banner – 200 Iron

FEATURED STORE

The featured items for the Gear Store for Nov 24, 2020

• Black Phantom Weapon Skins (Full Set) – 850 Iron or 6,800 Gears Coins - No longer in store
  • Reeling the Bird Expression – 300 Iron or 2,400 Gears Coins
  • Cluckshot – FREE
  • Turkey Mark – FREE
  • Gobble Gobble Mark – FREE

ESPORTS

The Chrome Steel Hivebuster Mac Skin, available now in the Gears Store for a limited time

• Chrome Steel Hivebuster Mac – $9.99 USD
6 Likes

Black Phantom is going in the store lmfaoooooooo

32 Likes

Link doesnt work.

Black Phantoms in the store? Better make some popcorn.

23 Likes

Black Phantom in the store is a big yikes. Literally all they had to do was keep the Loyalty series stuff from Gears 4 and the General in tour exclusive and no one would have complained. As usual they overstep any direction they take the game

22 Likes

Here comes trouble! Get ready!

6 Likes

The link is gonna be fun with 3 kaits.

1 Like

Embrace the Bee munching meme.

4 Likes

Glad to see the flame grenadier make his return! Now if only the team can fix the grenadier model by giving him his right shoulder and proper posture back.

Seriously, he looks like a hunchback missing a shoulder. Its atrocious

6 Likes

Great to see Flame Grenadier!!

I was all positive for this until the I saw my eyes glance at those Black Phantom skins being sold.

What an absolute slap in the face to everybody who grinded their a** off for them, myself included. May aswell roll on Gilded RAAM :roll_eyes::-1:

9 Likes

Careful what you wish for…

6 Likes

I never got the entire set weirdly enough, just the Talon Pistol skin, I guess I can get the whole set now.

8 Likes

Why are the black phantom skins coming to the shop when they were exclusively earned from the Gears of War 4 challenges for them??? Us OGs that got the skin by grinding should get a alternative skin since we already owned them first, putting them just killed the past purpose of grinding for them :confused: we worked for them while people can just purchase them easily??

9 Likes

I personally don’t care about the skins, have only used them a couple times… the Gilded characters would be a bigger slap, especially Raam… but regardlass it is still pretty bad they said loyalty rewards (which is exactly what all the road to gears 5 challenge skins are) would never be in the store, but here we are.

4 Likes

Practically the ranked skin load out set too.

These dudes seriously need a ranked player to tell them what’s appropriate to this franchise.

These fellas are out of their minds.

Might as well put all the grinder stuff too like the team rock skins & that black speaker since I missed out on him.

1 Like

Well this is just a swift kick to the nuts.

9 Likes

So is my ranked skins!!!

I busted my tail for op1 & op2 ranked skins & they’re available for op5 & I practically get nothing since I have everything master related.

& it’s not @TC_Sera fault.

This is Dana or some dude way above making these decisions so chill on her.

1 Like

It’s like TC is actively trying to be hated at this point.

5 Likes

I never tagged her. Just quoted the post.

2 Likes