This Week in Gears - May 4th - 10th

THIS WEEK IN GEARS – MAY 4 – 10

Hello everyone!

Have you SEEN which character is dropping in this week? No? Hivebuster Tai has arrived!

Hivebusters Tai punching his right hand into his left
Now let’s go through our events!

VERSUS EVENT: FFA 14 PLAYER

The Free For All logo with lava splashing behind it
Try to be the last fighter standing in a 14 player FFA! Battle it out and declare yourself the Ultimate Champion, match after match.

ESCAPE: THE DESCENT

Fight your way down into the depths of the caves before you can ascend and escape in the King Raven.

WEEKLY STORE

The new items in the Gears store for the days between May 4 to 10

• Hivebuster Tai – 250 Iron
  • Collector’s Del – 250 Iron
  • Carnival Full Set – 850 Iron
  • I Can Do This All Day Expression – 300 Iron
  • Tai’s Armor Mark – 65 Iron

FEATURE STORE

The featured items in the Gears store for the days between May 4 to 10

• Skeleton Suit Kait – 500 Iron, 4000 Coins
  • Voodoo Legacy Weapon Skin Set – 425 Iron, 3400 Coins
  • Reeling the Bird Expression – 300 Iron, 2400 Coins
  • RIP Bloodspray – 125 Iron, 1000 Coins
  • RIP Mark – 65 Iron, 500 Coins

GEARS ESPORTS

• Neon Esports Loadout Set – $7.99 USD
  • Neon Esports Gnasher – $3.99 USD
  • Neon Esports Lancer – $3.99 USD

Coming May 11, we’ll be including a Chrome Steel tab under the Esports tab that will house our Chrome Steel character skins that have been released for sale.

GEARS GLORY

It’s gonna be May!

You had the hint last TWIG – we want to see your PvE or PvP headshots! Across the map with a Longshot? A from-the-hip with a Torque Bow? Cut that clip and send them to us on Instagram or Twitter under #GearsGlory. We’ll feature our favorites throughout the month, with the team’s top choices at the end of the month!

Please keep them short – we want to see the shot, not the whole match :wink:

Have a great week everyone!

TC

4 Likes

Hivebuster Tai looks pretty cool.

I assume that the Brawl event will finish then? If so that’s annoying as my account is still bugged and won’t record any medal progression (as well as XP, skill cards, daily challenge rewards etc) so unless this gets fixed in the next 24 hours, I won;'t be able to complete this medal group.

11 Likes

Finally some good stuff, FFA to 14 players will be really fun.

Del and Tai are :fire: ( I assume there will be no problems purchasing things in the store?)

Will there be any new CS characters this week?

Every day. We stray further from hivebuster anya.
Edit:

@grey_mineman

1 Like

No… if they have HB Tai, then Sam must not be too far behind :triumph:

1 Like

Does this mean all CS skins will be always available for purchase? Or is it like “Here are all the skins released. Come back later for a chance to purchase them!”?

Del finally got a hookup. I love his new armor and this color is gonna become a fan favorite of mine.

3 Likes

Pretty sure all of them will be available, makes sense to get the guap

Great question!
It’ll be all CS skins always available starting May 11th!

7 Likes

let’s rock them together bestfriend

Thank you for the response! :smiley:

1 Like

:relieved: always

Blast, my prediction has been befalsed.

1 Like

I believe this is at least the second time Skeleton Kait came back if I’m not wrong - would be great for me personally to see some OG Locusts return, like the Sniper and other drones.

Only one can hope :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If Tai looks like that, then I have hope for Sam.

1 Like

Any pictures of what the neon esports load out set looks like? Thank you.

Not sure if this is the right thread, and following on from what Bleeding Pepper mentioned…

Any news on potential fix(es) to the various progression issues that have popped up over the last week?

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/xp-frozen-and-can-t-seem-to-resolve-on-gow5/60569/8

There’s a good summary of the 3 more recent ones at post 9 in the above linked thread (all progression stopped, some progression stopped, boost xp not working).

All the best!

4 Likes

No xp/rewards issue is taking too long now… 10 days… i guess we will be compensate isnt it ?! We wont be able finish TOD befor3 OP7 at this rythm…

5 Likes