Hello everyone! It’s time for another This Week in Gears!
Versus Event: Control SSG
A new event in this Operation, this is all focused-on Control, with the following loadout in play. Shotgun, Snub, Grenades (SSG).
We very much look forward to seeing how these matches go as we know that dedicated communities have run their own matches with these settings.
This event will run for one week.
Featured Hive: The Hive
The hive, an epic journey.
- Dress Uniform Hoffman – 500 Iron
- Targeting Monitor Weapon Set – 850 Iron
- Melodramatic Expression – 300 Iron
- Niles Mark – 125 Iron
- Hoffman Banner – 100 Iron
- Rainbow Dust Legacy Set – Free!
- Pride Omen – Free!
- Savage Elite Hunter – 4,000 Gear Coins, 500 Iron
- Long Count Expression Pack – 2,400 Gear Coins, 300 Iron
- N00b cutout bloodspray – 2,000 Gear Coins, 250 Iron
And here is what you can expect across the world of esports in Gears 5!
Gears Pro League
The Gears Pro League is in full swing, with three modes played across each match.
And for viewers a glorious weapon set and Black Steel Kait up for grabs!
The full information on the events can be found on gears.gg!
For another weekend the team at EGL will be running another week of their EU open series!
Featuring matches of Control, Escalation, and Execution 2.0 this tournament offers prize money up for grabs and the opportunity to square off against top teams in Europe & South America!
Look out for how to sign up on the @EGLGears Twitter!
Also, if you missed the announcement, the upcoming Open Series has had its prize money doubled!
Black Steel Anthony Carmine – 2.99 USD
Our specially themed Gears Glory this month is all focused on Pride! For this we’ve been asking you to send us GIFs or images of you doing a MVP pose at the end of your game with your Pride banners!
Here are some of our favorites:
Peace✌ Rockin' that Hollow Storm Sam with pan pride.#GearsGlory pic.twitter.com/dFVUA58gAB— Banana Brains (@BananaBrainsZEF) June 2, 2021
Hollow Storm Sam rockin’ it!
.@GearsofWar @CoalitionGears @TC_Shauny Black Steel Anthony is getting hyped for #PrideMonth #pride #GearsGlory pic.twitter.com/duQ1egVqLY— ⚙Brandon⚙️ (@GoWMills) June 2, 2021
Black Steel Anthony getting hyped for Pride!
Kait posing like only Kait can for Pride
Competitive – Escalation delayed
We had initially planned to launch Escalation as a mode in competitive, however we’ve had to delay this due to some last-minute issues, we’ll update you on this when we know more.
Update: Escalation has now been added for play, get racing on this new leaderboard!
Recently, we’ve taken action against accounts that have either boosted or cheated on the competitive leaderboards, as each week goes by we want to ensure that the players at the top of the leaderboard are in fact the top players.
We will continue to monitor and take action where necessary.
In addition to the above, we’ll be releasing the following server updates:
- The game tiles in the competitive menu have been reordered, Execution & Guardian are now in the top row, Control & FFA in row 2, and TDM & 2v2 in row 3, Escalation will be in the fourth row.
- The ring rotation for Reactor has been updated in the Control (esports) game mode.
- The Mulcher has been replaced for the Torque Bow in Execution 2.0 matches.
- The Scorcher’s ammo in Versus has been reduced from 105 to 60, additionally the clip size has been reduced to 30 from 35.
And as always, take care and have a wonderful week!