This Week in Gears - June 22 - 28

So they can give us the trailer but the news post was said to only come tomorrow. So I’ll withhold judgement until then.

1 Like

I think because Shauny said it: and he’s ahead since he’s in the UK? only thing I can think of

lol they add a newbie from the DLC instead of any other classic character or skin

2 Likes

Usually these release dates and times are based off of P(S)T or whatever it currently is, given that TC HQ is located in Vancouver.

And from what I understand that character is apparently not completely new but from a comic. I can’t exactly tell if the Hivebuster comics are meant or he’s some other guy from the older Gears comics which also had a Tak in them according to some.

true, very strange. It’s also on their Instagram

1 Like

I’m glad the retro map is Mercy instead of something like Speyer, but I also wish it weren’t another Gears 4 map. There are so many Gears 2/3 maps that haven’t been touched in like a decade.

Still, Mercy is a solid map to add to the rotation. I don’t care for the characters, but let’s be honest, I keep picking Anya, Dom, Kait and Lizzie regardless of whom they add lol.

Mercy = campfest in church for tdm, ffa, execution 2.0 and guardian modes

Not if the middle gate/door is taken down.

Yet another map that looks the EXACT same as it did in Gears 4. Wow.

1 Like

TDM is a camp-fest on any map, FFA if you camp you won’t win

excited for some KOTH/Control on it

1 Like

New content = characters from a DLC released around 6 months ago, a skin for the regular COG soldiers (which look good), and a ported map from GOW 4 ( I like Mercy though)

wish it was Dawn

1 Like

I guess this is what we get for complaining about Impact Dark and Harbor Haze.

“You don’t like us changing the atmosphere? Fine. Take a copy and paste”

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

hey hey hey, Impact Dark was was kinda cool lol

but yeah, Harbor Haze and Forge Blitz :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I forgot about Forge Blitz lol.

To be completely honest, I didn’t mind the different variants of the maps because we got 24 maps in 1 year.

But now they’re copying and pasting, claiming it’s because it takes 6 months to make a single new map.

They better be taking this opportunity to create a healthy option of maps at the launch of Gears 6. If not, I may have to be like @TC_Clown and start texting and calling myself Chuck.

2 Likes

I do like the weapon skins, will they be available for coins next week? I can’t remember how it works with the featured weapon skins.

I just want Gears 3 DLC maps to return. It’s like most of those were just forgotten.

1 Like

out of all of the gears 3 dlc maps what map do you think would perform the best in 5s tuning/movement?

I’m asking because I never personally played them when they came out. I’ve played artillery and depths (the SeaWorld map) on an mp match but I wouldn’t say that’s enough for me to know which map would be good for 5.

To be honest, I can’t think of any off the top of my head. A lot of the Gears 3 DLC maps were pretty big. Don’t get me wrong, I loved almost all of them, but I don’t think it would work with this slow tuning and 4v4 :(.

Azura would be awful most likely :joy:

Beautiful map but really big.

1 Like

Yeah what @thepack1221 said regarding size. I’m not the best to ask because I’ve more or less dropped PvP in favor of PvE, and really, any map can work for PvE. Gears 3 just holds a very specific nostalgia for me and I would love to see more maps in its colorful style return.

Azura, Aftermath, Depths, Academy and the Gears 3 version of Jacinto are all maps that haven’t been touched since, and I would love to see back.

I agree, I was just curious is all as I feel Azura would suck in 5s current climate for pvp.

1 Like