This Week in Gears - Jan 5th - 11th

THIS WEEK IN GEARS: JANUARY 5 – 11

Happy New Year everyone – we’ve got a good feeling that 2021 is going to be a good one!

Before we get to what’s coming this week, we put out an amazing render of Marcus and wanted to let you know it’s now available as a wallpaper. Get it (and more wallpapers) here.

a blood-stained Marcus standing in front of a pile of dead Locust bodies

VERSUS EVENT: GNASHERS ONLY KOTH

The King of the Hill logo on a blue and red background

This hugely popular Versus event returns for 2021. You know the deal, success is all about your ability to move and land shots. The best news (or not), is there are no pesky Lancers crossing as you run in for that crucial last second break.

HORDE EVENT: PREDATOR HUNT

Wakaatu from the Hivebusters DLC is a flying pose

Predator Hunt is an all new Horde event featuring the legendary Wakaatu – the deadly predator from the Hivebusters DLC.

Three players hunker down on Pahanu to fend off 10 Waves of relentless enemies and one badass monster. And to make it even more challenging, there are no fabricators allowed.

Good luck!

WEEKLY STORE

The new items available now in the Gears 5 Store

• Armored Sid – 250 Iron
  • Stranded Mikayla – 250 Iron
  • Armored Gabe – 250 Iron
  • Line Art full weapon set – 850 Iron

FEATURE STORE

The featured items available now in the Gears 5 Store

• Workout Fahz – 1,500 Iron or 10,000 Gears Coins
  • Do You Even Lift Bro? expression – 300 Iron of 2,400 Gears Coins
  • Deadweight bloodspray – 250 Iron of 2,000 Gears Coins
  • New Wave legacy weapon set – 425 Iron of 3,400 Gears Coins

ESPORTS

Chrome Steel Raam

• Chrome Steel RAAM – $9.99 USD
6 Likes

If you haven’t yet, send a ticket to Support.GearsOfWar.com

Still no Winter Armor Marcus, it’s been more than a year. It cost 750 iron in the store. I’ve been waiting since operation 4 with the new store which is is basically 6 months. Please, I beg you. Bring it back.

1 Like

I have to say Chrome Steel RAAM looks :fire:

3 Likes

Hmm, interesting horde event. Cant wait to test it.

That RAAM looks good. I’m not going to buy it, but he sure looks good.

3 Likes

Thrilled about the Horde event and looking forward to seeing the Tactics crew joining the game.
And I’m pretty sure Workout Fahz was an Epic skin… can anyone confirm?

2 Likes

Horde event sounds awesome and Tactics characters are dope :+1:

3 Likes

Pretty sure he was. I’ll have to check the customization menu when I get home but I’m fairly sure that you’re right.

2 Likes

I just checked, he’s Legend now. But I am very sure he was Epic…

Three player HORDE EVENT!!! WOW!

Got proof:

I already have the skin and don’t actually like it, but this is just lame again. Not very promising for other older skins yet to be Featured…

4 Likes

Still no winter armor Marcus, how am I not suprised by this. Well knowing you at TC, you don’t care about how long people waiting for skins to come back. Winter armor marcus wasn’t a ToD skin it was a store skin that cost 750 iron. I’m this close to quitting gears 5

1 Like

Sweet I can get Sid, Mika and Gabe (without tactics)

2 Likes

I also already have the skin (I also don’t really care for it lol) but that is super scummy to change the rarity just so they can gouge people on it now.

5 Likes

Same with nutcracker DB. Wth man. 500 iron now its 3 times that

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand why is it 3 player Horde? It’s Horde right? Not Escape?

Me and my group of friends have been looking forward to a new horde event and now we have to pick and choose which two will sit out.

7 Likes

Put V-Day Sam in the skins section please. It’s been months since that skin came out and I don’t feel right paying $18 when the only thing I want from that bundle is the skin.

6 Likes

Probably because 5 player horde is a breeze so 3 players would actually be challenging.

6 Likes

He’s been Legendary for a while now, but yeah, when he was initially a TOD reward he was definitely Epic.

5 Likes