This Week in Gears - Jan 12th - 18th

The Collector’s versions are in the store but not the normal versions for some stupid reason

1 Like

Nerfs. Nerf galore, I’m so glad I left Gears Versus with Gears 4. Also I bet the Tactics Onyx Guard doesn’t even look like or as good the OG ones in Gears 3/Judgement. If they were gonna do Tactics Onyx Guard armor they should’ve went with this.

Also I don’t want to play with the classic Onyx Guard armor if they still have the COG Gear voice

11 Likes

While I’m here, what happened to telling us the next weekly hive ahead of time, even if it may not have been the most relevant?

1 Like

Back in the day with 5V5 in ranked I enjoyed the game being fast and being chaotic but I was an ex Quake 3 player and I totally get that people disliked it, the game became slower (especially with changing it to 4V4) and overall I think the community was divided with those changes but some who were against it end up enjoying it.

But now the game will get even more slower and we have more delays with weapons while the beta tuning seemed to be one that the community disliked the most? Why implement it? While changing the beta tuning based on the community feedback seems like a better decision?

Anyway I am dissapointed :s.

5 Likes

If that was TC’s idea of a BIG announcement, we’re all in alot of trouble.

31 Likes

Needs more than that to make them worthwhile, if you ask me. A reduction in the overall grind and/or the grind curve being so ridiculous after Reup 20-30 or somewhere around there. Those are the most important factors but TC only really mentioned that rewards were coming instead of even basic ideas about making it less of a stupid ridiculous grind mountain.

4 Likes

Tuning = Trash imo

Store = Trash imo need Hivebuster Anya not more skins for random Cog soldiers

Gear Glory = Nothing but good can come from it so good, but I’m never going to be apart of it

Re-Up changes = Going to be a week away from Gears 6 before these get implemented

Escalation = I actually liked the lives part, but I’ll give it a try, doubt anything with be fun with the tuning though

Esports Raam = ok? Not my place to judge them cause theres only a select few I’d ever buy anyways

Overall = Finna turn into a PvE player

7 Likes

Predator hunt extended happy my son might be able to complete this event,Thank you TC,nice set of weapon skins (onyx)liked the banner also

2 Likes

All the feature items are already in the store. How in the hell did no one notice @TC_Sera

5 Likes

The onyx weapon skins are already in the store

5 Likes

Well that’s it then.

GG everyone.

17 Likes

Ain’t wrong, be so many following suit

I’ve just played a tuning game and yep it’s as bad as I remember. 4v4 feels even more empty now it’s slowed down.

Could’ve at least softened the blow (if that’s even possible) by making it 5v5 again so the maps actually feel populated.

2 Likes

Genuinely interested what the thought process behind this Gears Glory-stuff was.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GearsGlory?src=hashtag_click

half the @ are versus-clips and the other half is … well, see for yourself.

Yes, it would’ve softened it so it’d feel more like being hit by a Truck than a Train.

3 Likes

True.

Even when I’m not a PvP player, this can’t be good.

Also, I was waiting for some news on Gears POP!, I’m “close” to unlock Max level pin and if TC doesn’t help the community, I don’t want to spend almost 3 month for something that “maybe” with help I can complete (Level 20)

Thanks, we will pass on the feedback. Part of it is that the theme for the store this week relates to some previous items and new items!

1 Like

Amateur stuff man :rofl:

That’s assuming people even bothered reading what it was supposed to be about this month.

2 Likes

If I could give a suggestion, classic cole and the old escape leaderboard skin sets. It honestly seems odd that classic cole isn’t permanent but all the other classic skins are. Thank you

1 Like

PvE player here.

Interested in:

1. A better rotation of daily escape hives. Can you just cycle through all the hives instead of having some repeat weekly?

2. Are mid operation balance changes being contemplated for any classes? For example, Kait is TC’s heroine and even though she’s now the infiltrator class, your stats surely show that people don’t play her anymore. How about changing the bleed effect on the laceration card to go out 10m?

3. Will there be a mid operation patch to address various big fixes?

2 Likes