This Week in Gears 5: September 8th - 14th

THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: SEPTEMBER 8 – 14

This Thursday, September 10 marks the one-year anniversary of the launch of Gears 5 and what a ride it’s been. While the early arrival of the Sam, Minh and Sraak kicked off the festivities sooner than we wanted we still have a few goodies planned for this Thursday to celebrate. We’ll provide all the details in What’s Up.

In the meantime, we’ve got a few changes coming today:

• We’ve fixed the issue so now boosted players will get 2x XP when playing Ranked FFA.
  • The last version of the Developer’s Playlist rolls today. Check out all the details here.

VERSUS EVENT: CLASSIC EXECUTION

Calling all OG Gears fans!

Get ready for Classic Execution – 4v4 teams, only Gears of War 1 weapons, no wall canceling, and increased slide speed. Yup, you read that properly.

As always, send us your clips and we’ll feature some of the top ones.

FEATURED HIVE: THE ONSLAUGHT

This is the last week of The Onslaught – which should be just enough time for you to complete it on Master.

Just like the name implies, The Onslaught throws tons and tons of enemies at you. We’ve placed some mounted turrets to help clear a path – just don’t stay too long or you risk being enveloped by the toxic venom.

WEEKLY STORE:

• Classic Cole – 250 Iron or 2,000 Coins
  • Collector’s Dom – 250 Iron
  • I’ve Got The Codes mark – 65 Iron

• Retro Wave weapon set – 850 Iron or 6,800 Gears Coins
  • Retro banner – 100 Iron or 800 Gears Coins

Chrome Steel Ben Carmine skin, now available in the Gears Store

• Chrome Steel Benjamin – $9.99 USD
5 Likes

Ah yes, another week of disappointment.

20 Likes

Although, as of how I understand it, there should be another “What’s Up” incoming with more stuff in it?

Every Thursday.

4 Likes

So we wait till Thursday.

An announcement about an announcement.

Just don’t make it something else we can purchase.

7 Likes

not bad need more weekly store items though…

2 Likes

I understand that the full details will be shared on Thursday(corrected wrong day typo)… but I’m not sure if it would have hurt to give us a little teaser or something to expect for then, even if it’s just two days until Thursday?

6 Likes

Hell yes classic cole. Hey why are they selling just one store item this week? :upside_down_face:

37 Weeks since a new Lizzie skin.

No returning character skins in featured? I’m so glad we got that helmetless casan and vermello two weeks ago.

No double XP?

Wack.

Really don’t know how I still expected nothing and still ended up disappointed

5 Likes

Classic execution without wall cancelling :slight_smile: now thats what Im ******* talking about!! **** yeah thats awesome!

3 Likes

Twitter feed said “an exciting week ahead” sorry but theres nothing here that excites me, and me being from the uk ive been waiting all day for this exciting news. :sleepy:
Where’s the tease???

The no wall canceling sounds interesting tho. Ill give that event a try👍

Any news about the escape events Michael shannon was talking about the other week on one of the dev streams?

1 Like

Classic Cole is the only highlight for me, I can finally have the OG Delta Squad ready to go for OP5 Horde

2 Likes

This is what they wanted us to be hyped about?.. I was hoping those PvP changes would be the big thing… Just. Wow.

2 Likes

Also doms iron only as shown in the picture and store but the text says iron and coins.

1 Like

Maybe we’re just so jaded by the world that we’ve just become dead inside?

5 Likes

Does the Coalition realize a week is more than 1 day?

Gears 5 shares a birthday with my sister in law.
Also, this week is my wedding anniversary.
Gears didn’t give me an excuse this year! :rofl:

1 Like

It is what it is with TC flame’s. We are the long haulers no matter what. No place else for us to go. Dana already announced no new Map for anniversary. Imo there is nothing TC can add that won’t be a disappointment. Maps is what we need desperately need. One for the anniversary would of been a grand slam. Just F in ONE!

5 Likes

The retro wave skins are classified as epic in the store and rare outside it.

Meaning the people who bought the skins overpaid by 3300 coins. (me)

Wack.

Refund our coins Boi

3 Likes