This Week in Gears 5: Sept 15th - 21st

THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: SEPTEMBER 15 – 21

VERSUS EVENT: CLASSIC BLITZ

I hope you like the action fast and frenetic! Classic Blitz is an amped up version of KOTH that requires at least one player to continuously stay in the ring to earn points.

First to 200 wins. Good luck out there.

FEATURED HIVE: THE GATEKEEPERS

This is the Hive you’ve all been waiting for – a boss gauntlet hive with a number of difficult fights that you must clear in order to open the doors blocking your path.

And to make it even crazier, we end it all with an epic Swarmak fight.

WEEKLY STORE:

• 1 Year Anniversary Set – 0 Gears Coins
  • Jinn-Bot 8-Bit – 500 Iron
  • Team Pixel weapon set – 850 Iron
  • 8-Bit Jin mark – 65 Iron

• Pixel Art Jack – 500 Iron or 4,000 Gears Coins
  • Pixelated Weapon Set – 425 Iron or 3,400 Gears Coins
  • Lancer Pixel Art banner – 100 Iron or 800 Gears Coins
  • Gnasher Pixel Art banner – 100 Iron or 800 Gears Coins

• Chrome Steel Palace Guard – $9.99 USD
1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

Oh man that Jinn-Bot looks like it would be distracting!

1 Like

Stores pretty weak this week. Please just ask us what we’d like to see tbh get a consensus. Other than that pretty good week for both mode types

2 Likes

Horrible week for the market…
Bits and pixels… so stupid and ugly.
Not these things i wish in Gears universe.
I economize one week again.

Just my opinion.

5 Likes

That Jinn skin is so stupid that I love it. Ill get it for sure.

7 Likes

Now this I like. That Chrome Steel Palace Guard reminds me of the good old Savage Theron!

Also Blitz is a nice surprise, it’s much better than KotH as it forces players to move to the ring.

The Jinn stuff is horrible though…borderline annoying in fact.

2 Likes

For some strange reason I feel like playing minecraft now. I’m not sure why, but i feel like if i did i would really enjoy it.
Now this palace guard conpletes the bronze, chrome, and gold scenario that is natural to many things in value. If It wasn’t for esports, i would have purchased it since the palace guard os my fav locust type.
I always hated blitz as a gamemode since its what KOTH is supposed to be and the fact it isn’t leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
But I at least will continue to enjoy escape, This is so far the thing i was looking forward to other then those banners( yes, the banners are the only good thing on the store rn and no, i dont hate Jinn.)

Haha I’m a sucker for things conventionally “stupid” or ugly as well. Case in point, bought the inside-out COG, Nutcracker Shepherd, and Winter Armor Swarm Sniper for iron when they came out.

1 Like

Can’t wait to knock out that hive and get some in blitz. Still waiting on desert and winter Carmine skins

1 Like

Well I’ve been looking forward to when we’d get our hands on a Swarmak fight in Escape… tis gonna be good.

As long as I find competent team members to get there in the first place.

I have to ask… can we expect to get any events for Horde though, or is the “more events” claim for Op 4 now dust? I don’t count the tile maps as such.

Worst ■■■■■■■ store since ops5. Not even gonna log in this week

Why not? It’s a great game.

1 Like

I already know JD will be very valuable on this hive. I don’t feel like that’s been the case with him necessarily in most past hives.

Best ■■■■■■■ store since op4. Logging in now.

3 Likes

Is TC going to come out with a statement on mobile play for Gears and any nuances to expect?

Finally a new Hive! I feel like I have been waiting for The Gatekeepers forever lol I can finally get that Swarmak medal out of the way.

Blitz look interesting enough to play for a while anyway.

Now release V-Day Sam for coins and ill be happy.

2 Likes

Don’t wanna be a Buzzkill, but Gatekeepers is really short and easy. Play it 2 or 3 times and you’ve seen it all.

1 Like