This Week in Gears 5 - June 29 - July 7

JUN 29, 2020

THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: JUNE 29 – JULY 7

VERSUS EVENT: CLASSIC EXECUTION

When one life is all you got then every life matters!

This week get ready for Execution complete with that classic Gears vibe – all weapon placements will only use Gears 1 weapons.

Keep an eye on our Twitter this Wednesday, July 1 to vote for next week’s event playlist. Don’t forget, this is the final playlist of Operation 3, and the final medal challenge needed to claim the Niles Boomshot.

FEATURED HIVES:

For the last two weeks of the season, we’re bringing back two hives from early Operation 3 for those of you that missed out or want another chance to earn better rewards.

THE BARRACKS:

In the Barracks, you’re faced with a split path, venom race of death. Take advantage of the Venom Fan rooms to buy time from impending doom – if you can outrun the venom, the reward is better weapons and COG tags!

For the unlucky few that can’t outrun the Venom, you’re second act will be much more difficult with no COG tags and less resources.

Rewards:

Top 5%: Toxic Gnasher

Top 10%: Stripes Lancer

Top 50%: Stripes Breaker Mace

Completion: 2000xp

THE DETOUR:

In the Detour, you’ll head down an increasingly tough corridor in a perilous first act with multiple exits and endless enemies.

Rewards:

Top 5%:Toxic Breaker Mace

Top 10%: Stripes Boomshot

Top 50%: 2000xp

Completion: 1000xp

WEEKLY STORE:

• Collector’s Thrashball Cole
  • Scrap Full Set
  • Casket Bloodspray
  • Shark Banner
  • Casket Mark
4 Likes

Omg, even leaving my dissatisfied comment here, it seems to me that I pay more attention to this game than it really deserves, meh

7 Likes

Sooo… we gonna get the toxic lancer skin finally?

Looks like TC is coming off the price of things in the store :+1:

2 Likes

I take it back. This is the worst store by far. At least I have Execution to look forward to.

Still no news about the last 2 hive rewards being given out yet😪

3 Likes

TC is the cobweb set going to be coming to store to finish this set please

1 Like

Oh what a lovely Store offering… not.

Collector Trashball Cole should have been an Op 4 Tour skin or in Supply or somethjng, not a Store ripoff that takes the place of something more worthy in it like that Lizzie skin people have been asking for. Or you know, Hivebuster skins for Clayton and Fahz.

And can we end this “We only do one character skin per week” thing? It’s obviously possible to do more than one per week but it is only very rarely done for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Yep!! I am Hu1k daddy and I support this message. :rofl:

1 Like

What about the new tuning across all versus modes?

1 Like

Man these are done so poorly for the message and the announcement. It says classic execution with only gears 1 weapons and in the tumbnail has a picture of Kait with a Claw.

I mean come on. You can’t even do your posts correctly.

6 Likes

I didn’t expect something too elaborate.
Today will be released the new tuning, at least write something about at what time this will happen. I have checked out 10 minutes ago and it’s not been changed.

Hey dude,

If it helps these are always on weast coast time. Normally it will update around 10:00 am for that time zone.

You will have to do the math for yourself to see when it will be updated for you.

Cheers!

2 Likes

You put more effort into this What’s Up than TC itself hahaha
Thanks by the way!
Now I have to wait until 7 PM…

1 Like

is the aim assist off update still coming out today?

This comment all day! I haven’t played since April but I still check the forums weekly just to be disappointed. I don’t even know what I want from this game anymore I just hope others are enjoying it.

Thanks TC for all the OP 4 news. I’m more excited than ever now.

Not.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone complained when Collector Myrrah, Collector Marcus and Collector Clayton appeared on Store.

1 Like

Maybe because there wasn’t an earnable skin for them beforehand and they were reskins of the base character that had to be unlocked through totems. Trashball Cole reskin in the Store on the other hand is just dumb.

And people definitely had an issue when Collector Winter Marcus showed up in the Tour after they sold Winter Armor Marcus in the Stire(iirc, that’s how it went).

1 Like