This Week in Gears 5: July 28 – Aug 3

VERSUS EVENT: HYPER DODGEBALL

It’s classic Dodgeball with a hyper-speed twist – near-instant respawn times, so now your kills bring back teammates from the dead and back into the fight ASAP!

FEATURED HORDE: ABYSS

The Abyss is circular style map with a giant pit in the center. But we’ve added a little something different – four stationary turrets around a pit located in the center of the map. Choose your spot wisely as each turret can shoot over the pit into different parts of the map.

Maybe it’s just us, but this is the kind of Horde bedlam we can really get into.

FEATURED HIVE: THE MALFUNCTION

We’re rolling over The Malfunction to give you more chances to amp up the difficulty and prove your skills!

WEEKLY STORE:

• Nomad (male) – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins
  • Knife Tricks Expression – 300 iron
  • We’re Pinned Banner – 200 Iron

• Collector’s Queen Myrrah – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins
  • Queen’s Seal Banner – 100 Iron or 800 Gears Coins
  • Queen’s Seal Mark – 65 Iron or 500 Gears Coins
  • Queen’s Seal Bloodspray – 125 Iron or 1,000 Gears Coins
10 Likes

Is the Abyss a tile map?

Woo

I like how the screenshots for the event and the horde map have absolutely no correlation to what is being described.

12 Likes

Finally some new news in “This Week in Gears”

Oh for f*** sake malfunction again and I’m assuming the iron items are probably going to purchasable by gears coins later.

1 Like

It seemed intended to keep it for three weeks right from the start. Seeing as when Op 4 launched the timer said 20 days left.

2 Likes

Jesus

It makes some sense if they still keep to 6 hives for one Operation… but since this one lasts 18 weeks they spread them out over a bigger time frame. Not sure if I find this good or bad.

The rest of this week doesn’t seem interesting that much. I’ve certainly not found too much interest or incentive to play again even with the Op 4 improvements. May or may not have to do with lack of friends to play with cause I often don’t feel interested in joining a match with 4 other randoms(or 2 in Escape besides the occasional Master run).

Man this week is bad.

So two campaign slots that have been in the game for 10 months took up two weeks of store time.

Hope to see a Chrome Steel tommorow

1 Like

Abyss sounds cool.

1 Like

Probably just the lack of variety as well. They really made things in this op sound fantastic but so far it’s been really lack luster and buggy as h***

1 Like

Any new Queen Myrrah skin is good by me!

Well played, TC :+1:

4 Likes

So are they going to release tile maps for horde like they’ve been doing previously for escape or what?
Have this been promoted? Have I missed something?

New if you didn’t get it when it was released a month or two ago.

The Abyss sounds challenging.

Is the Abyss only playable in the featured section or in custom too?
And what is with Overload, can we still play this map or is it changing?

4 Likes

Important question

Eh. Nothing interesting happening this week as far as I’m concerned. Will just continue to knock off dailys and play Gears 4 ranked TDM.

2 Likes