AUG 3, 2020
THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: AUG 4 – AUG 10
We’re making a few updates to Gears 5 tomorrow, August 4.
- Free for All – Change number of players from 14 to 8 in Ranked and Quickplay
- Team Deathmatch – Winning a match is now best of 3 rounds
- King of the Hill – Eliminations are now worth 1 Gears Point (down from 2)
In Horde, it’s important that the Engineer is the most powerful when using fortifications, as building is their primary role. Unfortunately, a small handful of Skill Cards in the game have been triggering their effects unintentionally with fortifications, causing some non-Engineer Classes to become much more powerful with fortifications than intended. Because this weakens the role of the Engineer, we feel it was important to resolve these issues.
We have adjusted the following Skill Cards to no longer work with fortifications:
- Aggressive Armor (Lizzie)
- Cold Finish (Lizzie)
- Armored Shot (Paduk)
- The Hammer (Paduk)
- Serrated Edge (Clayton)
- Blunt Instrument (Grace)
VERSUS EVENT: 8 PLAYER FREE FOR ALL
We’re mixing up Free for All in a big way – 8 players will now battle against each other on select 5v5 maps. And to make it even more interesting, loadouts are limited to a utility grenade (smokes or flashes) and Gnasher.
FEATURED HIVE: THE AMBUSH
The Ambush is packed with enemies that come at you from unexpected angles. Go slowly (as best as you can with the Venom pushing you) because you never know when you will trigger enemies as they will come at you from unexpected angles.
FEATURED HORDE: ABYSS
The Abyss is sticking around for one more week – so get into that turret and show ’em what you got!
- Locust Grenadier Elite – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins
- Cosmic Full Weapon Set – 850 iron
- Hammer Online Mark – 200 Iron
- Workout Fahz – 1,500 Iron or 10,000 Gears Coins
- Do you Even Lift Bro? Expression – 300 Iron or 2,400 Gears Coins
- Hot Rod Jack – 500 Iron or 4,000 Gears Coins
- Hot Rod Full Weapon Set – 850 Iron or 6,800 Gears Coins
- Chrome Steel Baird – $9.99 USD