THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: Aug 4 - Aug 10

AUG 3, 2020

THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: AUG 4 – AUG 10

We’re making a few updates to Gears 5 tomorrow, August 4.

PvP

• Free for All – Change number of players from 14 to 8 in Ranked and Quickplay
  • Team Deathmatch – Winning a match is now best of 3 rounds
  • King of the Hill – Eliminations are now worth 1 Gears Point (down from 2)

PvE

In Horde, it’s important that the Engineer is the most powerful when using fortifications, as building is their primary role. Unfortunately, a small handful of Skill Cards in the game have been triggering their effects unintentionally with fortifications, causing some non-Engineer Classes to become much more powerful with fortifications than intended. Because this weakens the role of the Engineer, we feel it was important to resolve these issues.

We have adjusted the following Skill Cards to no longer work with fortifications:

• Aggressive Armor (Lizzie)
  • Cold Finish (Lizzie)
  • Armored Shot (Paduk)
  • The Hammer (Paduk)
  • Serrated Edge (Clayton)
  • Blunt Instrument (Grace)

VERSUS EVENT: 8 PLAYER FREE FOR ALL

We’re mixing up Free for All in a big way – 8 players will now battle against each other on select 5v5 maps. And to make it even more interesting, loadouts are limited to a utility grenade (smokes or flashes) and Gnasher.

FEATURED HIVE: THE AMBUSH

The Ambush is packed with enemies that come at you from unexpected angles. Go slowly (as best as you can with the Venom pushing you) because you never know when you will trigger enemies as they will come at you from unexpected angles.

FEATURED HORDE: ABYSS

The Abyss is sticking around for one more week – so get into that turret and show ’em what you got!

WEEKLY STORE:

• Locust Grenadier Elite – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins
  • Cosmic Full Weapon Set – 850 iron
  • Hammer Online Mark – 200 Iron

• Workout Fahz – 1,500 Iron or 10,000 Gears Coins
  • Do you Even Lift Bro? Expression – 300 Iron or 2,400 Gears Coins
  • Hot Rod Jack – 500 Iron or 4,000 Gears Coins
  • Hot Rod Full Weapon Set – 850 Iron or 6,800 Gears Coins

The eSports-focused item available now in Gears 5

• Chrome Steel Baird – $9.99 USD
7 Likes

Looks like Lizzie is no longer the meta.

9 Likes

Well, Grace’s short lived reign as a useful character has come to a premature end :joy:

13 Likes

So The Hammer is a Paduk skill? Good to know.

5 Likes

I agree that the bleeding barriers was super OP, but why the Lizzie nerf? Still have to do lots of damage to enemies before it would trigger.

3 Likes

The stun worked immediately with enemies touching the barriers if she had the drop shot out. No damage needed to enemies.

2 Likes

Be GRACEful about it! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I don’t understand why they can’t just make a all black weapon skin set. Dark black like black steel not matte black. Hate all these fruity colors and animations

2 Likes

But where is my Workout Scarred JD!? :disappointed:

3 Likes

descargar

22 Likes

Even as someone who didn’t use the barriers on Lizzie and as such isn’t affectsd by this change, I’m not really getting this. Barriers freezing enemies didn’t really have that much of an impact like bleeding barriers would.

Though I kinda get fixing it for The Hammer, the effects would still be limited to where the team can shoot enemies. Doesn’t serve much purpose to have something stunned on the other side of the map with no line of sight to it.

You mean terminated?

4 Likes

Wait is the new dev playlist not happening tomorrow?

1 Like

Good.

It’s happening on Thursday.

2 Likes

Danke. Damn. Was looking forward to it tomorrow for some reason. Oh well just 2 more days

So here’s the deal TC.

I’m going to say kudos for fixing unintended effects on skill cards and fortifications. Fastest nerf, er I mean fix, I’ve ever seen.

Now fix bugs that have been in the game from day 1 just as fast.

15 Likes

They just had to fix Lizzie’s Sisters to the end because it wasn’t working how it was worded.
Now they are fixing her freezing finish to NOT work how it is worded.

I do get that only engineers ought to be able to power up fortifications. I even agree.

But what the cards says Shroedengers matters :laughing:

2 Likes

It seems easier to hamper game play capability than to improve it.

2 Likes