THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: Aug 25 - Aug 31

MOD EDIT - The Onslaught part is fixed, there are still some issue with the post but it’s being shared still :wink: Sorry had to delete that last one!

THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5: AUG 25 – AUG 31

We have big changes coming this week with the start of the Official Ranked season and the addition of the Developer Playlist weapon tuning to versus. Read all the details here.

VERSUS EVENT: LUCK OF THE DRAW

Blog header image for the TWIG article for August 25, 2020, featuring a dozen different weapons for the "Luck of the Draw" versus playlist

We’ve taken Arms Race and increased the insanity. You don’t know what weapon you start with or what’s next. May the odds ever be in your favor.

FEATURED HIVE: THE ONSLAUGHT

Just like the name implies, The Onslaught throws tons and tons of enemies at you. We’ve placed some mounted turrets to help clear a path – just don’t stay too long or you risk being enveloped by the toxic venom.

FEATURED HORDE: RAIL LINE

Horde event with all three horde tile maps available until Sept 7, 2020

Overload, Abyss and Rail Line all return for one week. Get them done before for they move to custom

WEEKLY STORE:

The new items in the Gears store for the week of August 25, 2020

• Ronin Karn – 1,500
  • Reeling the Bird expression – 300 iron
  • “More is Better” banner – 100 Iron
  • Farmer Dom – 500 Iron (This character will be added to the Operation section soon)

The featured items for the Gear Store for August 25, 2020

• Private Casan (helmetless) – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins
  • Private Vermelo (helmetless) – 250 Iron or 2,000 Gears Coins

Chrome Steel Theron Guard

Chrome Steel Theron Guard – $9.99 USD

3 Likes

YES new hive…for those on Xbox.

3 Likes

35 Weeks deep without a Lizzie skin,

also they want that credit card. Milking Farmer Dom by holding him hostage

10000 Gears Coins for Ronin Karn, in 2-3 weeks hyped

3 Likes

Ronin Karn… great. More characters of the descent to honor Japan! I feel as if Kung Fu Imagos will become a thing after all.

If I can be excused I think I need to take a nap for like 30 years so my tomatoes can grow and I can finally recover from working so hard getting ronin Kantus And it not being unique anymore. Long live Japan!

Also Lizzie… our poor Lizzie isn’t immortalized in cyborg fury for another month…

4 Likes

Luck of the Draw sounds awesome, I love random weapon modes, from back in the day with Halo Fiesta.

Absolutely hate the fact they are adding a middle finger emote. The blood spray was bad enough, but now everyone’s just going to go around gigging everyone they disagree with in game, or griefing people with it.

I mean, that’s the sort of thing that will just trigger people… why add it?!

20 Likes

#CalledIt

10,000 GP isn’t a lot… easy to get

1 Like

Like the update…
Ronin Karn should be 1000 Iron at the most though since he is early access and will be for 10k GP gold soon.
also Farmer Dom should of been for 4k Gold this week

1 Like

I got coins like a plumber named mario.

Can’t wait for him to drop

2 Likes

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic when you said 100k gp earlier lol

Ah, Gotcha I fixed it.

1 Like

The Imago with the Karate Kid head band. :rofl:

2 Likes

Should’ve put Karn a samurai helmet to cover his ugly granny face

1 Like

Okay but the ronin karn is a bit overpriced…cmon that’s like what 15 USD?

have you seen gears esports? it seems like antagonizing and trash talking is condoned and/or encouraged in this game.

it’s kind of what makes this game what it is going back to Gears 1. it’s always been that type of antagonistic experience

2 Likes

Listen, you’re playing a game where someone saying “eat ■■■■ and die” after he pummels you with your own arm is just part of the regular dialogue & gameplay lol.
I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in one of the rudest games to ever grace this Earth.

Edit: this goes out to eviljas247 as well lol

3 Likes

Middle finger expression is about to be abused like crazy towards host, lol.

• People gonna do it then quit matches.
  • When you swiping at people being AFK, they gonna use it.
  • When you want something from someone, and theirs annoyed from it, they gonna use it.
  • When you write in chat towards someone, that person gonna walk towards you an use it.
  • When you pull something out the fabricator, the host engineer gonna walk up to you and use it, then kick you

Ah… really fun times lies ahead in Gears 5, lol

8 Likes

What’s the all these recent items being strictly Iron. Iron isn’t easy to get at all. What the heck TC? You guys seem to be moving backwards in the wrong direction. Don’t repeat the same mistakes we already called you out on.

1 Like