This Just Clicked

I always wondered why at the end of G4 Baird only brings along the two mechs and not an army of DBs to fight the Swarm.

…until I realized it’s not really a plothole because Baird only designed the construction bots like the two mechs, and the armed DBs are controlled exclusively by the COG and Jinn…

I know this is obvious, but I’ve always thought of this as a plot hole until now. You know, two years later.

Buster Out!

Roger, BusterOne, BigRichard requesting permission to strafe thread with negativity, over!

I think the Mechs were disgusting to look at it. They should have had a more “Gears” influence to them. Something sci-fi but grounded in the theme of “big and bulky destroyer” philosophy everything else the franchise used to have. I mean look at the armour of the previous generation of soldiers, the equipment like the Armadillo APC to their frigging bikes.

They were too generic and looked like something you’d find in any other sci-fi shooter that needed to incorporate mechs.

Also blue and yellow was awful, should have kept them grey, black or an even lighter shade of blue more in line with the old COG colours (armour) to signify that it was a sort of clash between the old guard and the new generation.

4 Likes

Copy that, BigRichard!

This is Cpt.Kaz, we got a fully agreed reply, I repeat fully agreed reply, coming in hot at 8 o’clock.

Confirm Mechs were disgusting, codename uniform golf lima yankee alpha sierra foxtrot uniform charlie kilo.

Kaz out!

6 Likes

That’s a solid copy, Cap.

We are getting word that GoW4 may be a FUBAR situation, how copy?

4 Likes

Copy and confirm, BR , we have reports of GoW 4 heading double time into a FUBAR situation as of initiation. Current status is that of a soup sandwich.

Code tango charlie taking an at ease approach to all issues including Gilded RAAM, over.

4 Likes

Roger that Kaz
Request to change code-name for Mechs. uniform golf lima yankee alpha sierra foxtrot uniform charlie kilo is too (bleeping) long, and i’m a busy man.

Ten-four

4 Likes

This thread is total SNAFU.

5 Likes

Copy that Captain Hedgehog-
We have officially designated this thread as SNAFU, and request immunity from whatever discipline may be the result of it
-over-

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: i dunno why this made me laugh as hard as it did

5 Likes

Threads like this are a rarity nowadays, used to be a lot more of them.:cry:

3 Likes

Copy that Red Bird-
Laughter is a sign of weakness Sargent. Refrain this instant
-over-

3 Likes

Copy that Bald Clown-
Go back to your studies and let the MEN sort this out
-Over and Out-

4 Likes

:joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Copy that Anthony SpeedRun
School sucks. Request to go AWOL
-*over-

2 Likes

Does this thread come with a free glossary? I need a glossary.

1 Like

Roger that Capt. Hog

(throws glossary across the pond, which then hits Capt.Hog in the head, who then loses consciousness)

2 Likes

Better call BJ & Hawkeye. :grin:

4 Likes

Um guys your toast and jam is ready don’t let it get cold now.

Yes. But it’s why I love the Gears community… sometimes.

2 Likes

This is Delta India Charlie Kilo, Callsign Big Richard, requesting authorisation for immediate HAMMER strike on thread-location. Situation is FUBAR and out of control, over!

2 Likes