“This isn’t about you, this is about me”

I really enjoyed the campaign despite my issues with it but dear lord can we please play as Marcus 1 last time in Gears 6? Kait has got to be the WORST protagonist of all time.

My only hope for developing Kaits character was to make her the next queen like we were lead to believe would happen. It doesn’t make any sense that we saw Reyna die at the end of 4 and now she’s magically reincarnated as the queen. There’s no explanation for how this happened given to us in the game . Awful writing.

The first and second Acts were done really well up to the point of finding out Reyna is the new queen. That’s where it all stopped making sense. Should’ve just had Niles take her and transform her instead of using her to “wake up” Reyna. That went way past the line of what I thought was realistic in the Gears universe. What a mess. Act 3 and 4’s writing did not receive the love and care that Act 1 & 2 did.

(We won’t talk about all the times we illegally went behind Jinn’s back and had no consequences… woulda got thrown in The Slab back in the day but whatever lol)

Make the next game linear. Open world levels obviously took too much time out of development where they could’ve put more effort into writing the 3rd and 4th Acts. If Gears 5 was linear I think the story would have been more concise, made more sense, and have more room to flesh out the story the way Gears lore is supposed to be told.

I have faith in TC 2.0 to build off of Rods good ideas and rethink his bad ones. I think they’ll listen to fans and make this next one dark, gritty, and brutal like Gears is supposed to be!

That’s just my opinion though, I know this doesn’t reflect everyone else’s opinions. Just made the post to share how I personally feel. Like Kait said, this isn’t about YOU, this is about ME :joy:

6 Likes

There’s a theory going around. Since players chose either JD or Del to live then if TC were to choose one or the other for Gears 6, it would ruin continuity. The theory is that whoever you chose won’t matter, because you’ll find out the other died in some attack or accident by cutscene at the beginning of Gears 6 anyway. That leaves only Kait as the main character. If this happens, there’s a good chance Marcus becomes playable again, possibly as Kait’s sidekick (like Del was) as he would want to enact revenge for the death of his son and crush the grubs once and for all! It’s also the only way JD fans might forgive TC for killing off their golden boy.

3 Likes

Orrr maybe Clayton gets pissed at JD for killing another Carmine which leads to JD, uhm, “disappearing”.

3 Likes

:100:

:100:

0%

1 Like

Poor JD! He became a bacon! :disappointed:

3 Likes

Man that would be crazy if they just killed off the one you saved like that. I’d probly be furious :joy: I’d love to see Marcus go on an absolute rampage to avenge his dead son tho

Then I also want Kait to die as well! :innocent:
Gears 4 - 6: The Trilogy of the 3 :poop: characters! :innocent:

3 Likes

So the theory is Marcus will be playable not as protagonist, but in co-op? I think I could live with that.

You know they won’t do that. Whatever direction they’re taking with Kait seems to neither go in the Swarm nor death direction…

Unless she becomes the literal impersonation of Death.

1 Like

If the boys die, she must die as well. End of Topics. :innocent:

1 Like

But Fahz still lives.

1 Like

Good…:grin:

Gears 6:
JD died in Gears 5.
Del is the main character in Gears 6.
Kait become the Queen.
In the end of Gears 6, Del sacrifice his life to stop Kait.
Both Del and Kait die.
The End. :innocent:

3 Likes

Pls god no

Pls god yes :innocent:

I don’t think its actually her, the swarm hive mind is just using her body and mind as like a power/commander/queen position, basically its not even Reyna…(I don’t really know, but I know for a fact it’s definitely not THE Reyna from Gears 4) from what we’ve seen the snatchers do to podded humans and turning people into drones, I actually do think its possible for her body to be reincarnated…

Is it confirmed that JD is the Canon death? Because it felt to me more emotional and on the same levels of sad as when Dom died when I saw Del die, for better writing the canon ending should be Del dying, we saw how emotional Marcus got in Gears 3 after losing his Dad and Dom, come Gears 4 Anya is dead! If JD dies Marcus might as well top himself, because he has noone left, he might be tough as nails but nobody is really THAT tough… that’s a massive misconception.

3 Likes

Campaign was completely boring and bland.

Nothing to do with the characters as such.

It’s like putting a great actor in a crap film, film is still gonna be crap.

2 Likes

Canon death isn’t confirmed yet. If you’re right about that not being the actual Reyna, which you probly are, it still makes no sense because there’s no concrete explanation for what happened. First time in a Gears storyline that I’ve genuinely had no idea what the f*ck was going on

2 Likes

You seem to forget the quasi father-daughter relationship that appears to have developed between Kait and Marcus.

Considering Myrrah’s mind still existed in the hivemind and attempted to take Kait’s body for her own purposes, I don’t think it’s too far fetched that Myrrah is the one in control of the messed up Reyna body now. But that’s also why I don’t think turning Kait would have made much sense. Because what you would have had then wouldn’t have been Kait. But something else.

1 Like

It’d be too weird and still wouldn’t make sense if that was Myrrah controlling Reyna’s body. The way she talked to Kait in act 4 didn’t sound like Reyna or Myrrah to be honest… it was just weird and felt out of place

1 Like