Gears Forums

They're fixing bairds bleeding fences

Question. The next update says they will make it so Baird’s barriers wont cause bleed anymore. I was never certain but what about the turrets? Did those cause bleed too? I was never crystal clear what else caused bleed or triggered precision repair.
Side note, Im glad they are fixing Lizzies silverback crash bug.

Haha I see what they did there… Fixing the bleeding on Valentines day. U play engineer Del lvl18 then a hot stud Baird comes along telling u in the arcade ( that u opened up for him because he doesn’t know how to get the Easter egg) hey my fences does bleeding & gets repair 4 free with my precision kills. Plz buy lvl 1 fences Dell with your great discount. Baird continuing on I will level them up to razor wire & get all the points u do the lockers but do the forge 1st if we have a Jack…

So U decide migth as well get playing Baird asap 4 those awesome fences then they take them out when u hit lvl 16…

As to whether or not they should fix the bleeding barriers I can’t say. I tend to main engineer and Baird is my favorite right now so I fear my opinion may be bias. However I want to point out Baird’s bleed card sucks on it’s own. Literally all it does it stops them from regening. It’s only 25% from a sniper rifle. JD get’s 50% from an explosion! Baird’s bleed is not only too low, he really doesn’t have the dmg perks for precision rifles to make good use of it. It really should have gone to Fahz IMO. When I unlocked this perk I took it off when I saw how weak it was when double health is turned on. I only put it back on because of the bleeding fences.
If they fix the bleeding fences I want them to do something about this perk cause it will be tossed into the “Not Viable” pile.

1 Like

The bleeding barriers encouraged a lot of lazy gameplay and needed to go. However Baird definitely needs more bleed damage on sniper rifles.

I think they should just remove the bleeding perk. It doesn’t fit for him. He really could use something that gives stim. Make his deebee weapon perk apply to tri shots again damnit!

I find it crazy that the deebee weapon damage card doesn’t apply to trishot and RL anyway

It used too and it was amazing. Dont know why they nerfed it.

Oh well, guess ill not bother grinding to unlock him then.

Only wanted him so I could just run duo horde.

Who knows why TC do what they do. Beats me lol

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

I just gotta say. If you have the right baird, the bleed helps the team a lot. If you have the wrong person playing baird… Its a nightmare. But. With the right person playing him,(One that doesnt selfishly take every kill on the map) the other players have the opportunity to use the off beat characters… Such as keegan mac emile and others, by taking the wire bleed away, you are forced to run jd and or kait again. This sincerely disappoints me.

You could still use the off Characters but I agree we would need at least 1 good JD or Kait to give the comfort were accustomed too. Which is why I feel some of the misc chars need buffs. It depends on how good your team is really. I’ve done masters without a jack or we had a lahni/emile with a tri shot.
Baird made us weak!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I just gotta say. If you have the right baird, the bleed helps the team a lot. If you have the wrong person playing baird… Its a nightmare. But. With the right person playing him,(One that doesnt selfishly take every kill on the map) the other players have the opportunity to use the off beat characters… Such as keegan mac emile and others, by taking the wire bleed away, you are forced to run jd and or kait again. This sincerely disappoints me.

I don’t play much horde nowadays (mostly for medals) and the one game I played with barrier Baird was the one time I 100% justified people going afk for long periods of time.

Even playing as Jack I stopped scrapping weapons by wave 30 or so , Baird got all the kills, did little to no repairs (it wasn’t needed at all) and even though we had no sentries, the only way to get kills was to beat the barriers to it and even JD had trouble with it.

If this was done intentionally by TC, then they clearly went overboard with it and if it was an unintentional effect then they’re just leveling up the field so you can play horde “the way it was meant to …” whatever that means.

I for one would welcome the Barriers without Bleed, too many people took the piss with it, and them people building Barrier after barrier, it was just plain messy, not to mention the cost. And, the lazy ones, yeah, not even going there.
Once this Bleed thing has been sorted, Horde might be worth playing again, and with any luck, the game will not be full of Engineeer’s as it has been recently. For someone that only play Engineer, it has really pissed me off, ruined my game, not to mention ruined Baird as a serious Engineer.
Next thing will be to restrict One Engineer to each and every game, there is no reason whatsoever why you need two Engineer’s in the same game, all they do is fight over the bloody Energy, who gets there first builds. This is no way to play a game, and for me, i only play Engineer, just simply ruins the game.
Fix the Barriers. Yep, i am down with that.

I too have been inflicted with pain over this Baird mess. My custom lobbies have had up to two Bairds at the same time. The horrors of watching barrier after barrier built that didn’t need repairs. All I could do was stand idly by carpet bombing everything with a gl before the barriers could do their evil work.

1 Like

It is surprising how many people complain about JD and his GL Lancer, even though i do not, more to the point never played JD, i find him to be an important character in Horde.
Every game needs an Engineer, it is just that not every game needs a hundred Barriers. Personally, i only build enough to block off entrances, i do not build any more than i need to, it gives everyone something to do.
One thing is for certain, Bleed needs to go.

1 Like

Lani has two entire cards that don’t work anymore and Lizzie can crash the game but this is what TC wants to focus on. The bleeding fences made earning credits just a little easier for us so of course TC had to fix that :laughing:

1 Like

Dev stream confirmed, by Dana and Ryan, that Baird’s barrier bleed was NOT intended and an exploit.

They also mentioned planning to give him a massive buff and providing further information in the future. As well as wanting to talk about PvE more.

1 Like