There is no max ping filter for ranked in Gears 5 ; 7 SECONDS ping is ok, apparently

Lol, so last night we had an opponent with 6900ms ping… Yes, 6900ms… That’s just a hair under 7 SECONDS…

It showed him with 6900 during match validation… 6900 during ‘match starting in…’ phase… and then again during game play…

He didn’t finish the game, but definitely was allowed in…

So much for having a max ping filter for ranked…

They will let anyone in… And the argument of “ohh, we only check at the start, so if they pass and their ping spikes up, we don’t check for that” which they told us for Gears 4: pure BS… It was 6900 from the start…

Lol…

I have screen shots but my G5 content isn’t uploading to xboxclips or xboxgamedvr still, for some reason…

3 Likes

Lol, thats bad even for tc’s gears.
I’ve seen more thousand plus pings than I did in g4.
MM has somehow got worse than g4’s was. I’m wasn’t even sure that was possible.

2 Likes

If there is no region locked matchmaking then why am I searching for a game for 15 minutes now from Asia. Its prime time in US West and I get 120 ping there. Yet I can’t find a game.

Something is up. Even with this pve/pvp correction for the pvp, it still doesn’t feel very good.

Not much going right. At least they seem to be taking baby steps to improve the game.

I always knew their statement was a load of steaming BS.

I’ve seen 1200+ pings quite often

3 Likes

I have seen people with around 50-80 in lobby but that soon shoots up to around 280-340 mark, game was also very laggy , that player was even able to run pass me for quite a distance then wham headshot by gnasher from them WTF? really beginning to think people are purposely lagging in game for an advantage …AGAIN!

2 Likes

I took a screenshot of one player I encountered… was averaging 3500ms or thereabouts, but spiked at times…

What does the scouter say about his ping level?
IT’S OVER 9000 (insert meme)…!

I was just wow at that point… have to see if I can try and get the screenshot up…