The Wrap Shot Is Broken

Please remove this from the game. To kill an enemy you should actually be physically facing the person. No more fake kills and deaths please. Thanks

12 Likes

Agreed. My list of BS mechanics which should be removed:

• outer reaction shots
  • inner reaction shots (wrap shot)
  • back A - should have same delay as blindfiring
  • slapshots

They’re fun to do but are also broken, stupid and they break balance.

9 Likes

How the heck does he kill you from around two corner up A?. I thought just worked on a single corner.

Basically it is an up A but you have to swing your crosshair over to the right spot and time it right.

Here, I did a quick demo to show you - just look at where the shots land and that should give a better idea. The second demo in this clip is similar to the above situation with a long column and shooting around it.

5 Likes

I like advanced mechanics like that. However, even though it benefits people like me who know how to do it, I do think the skill gap in this game is largely due to the screwball mechanics and I admit it’s not a good thing for the game as a whole. The more one understands how to manipulate the broken parts, the more skilled they are. I’d rather the movements make sense so that the game feels smoother and isn’t so unappealing to new players who don’t understand WTF is going on with the nonsense deaths.

9 Likes

WOW!!!

I had no idea. This explains some of the angry moments i have gad when i was wasted in cover. I know the up A but that works like 50% for me. I have to practice this shot. If the game lets you do it then i need to practice cause others are capitalizing on it.

thanks for the VID

2 Likes

Like meow mix said, knowing the broken and funky mechanics equals a lot of the player ‘skill’.

I agree it’s not the best thing because it’s not intuitive at all and leaves a huge gap. I spent about 8 months playing before I started getting pissed at laggy kills and slowing clips down to review them. Then noticing what’s actually taking place, combined with knowledge from the forums and other YouTube vids.

A player who knows these mechanics, even if they can’t exploit them, but just that they exist - they automatically have a major leg up against newer players that don’t.

This on 2v2 boxes is straight up the worst thing ever. They can shoot and kill you in one shot from the other side of the middle tv box. It’s insane. I don’t even see them at all and most of the time don’t even hear them.

2 Likes

yes . i hate this fake ■■■ move. Knowing TC they gonna act like that ■■■■ doesnt happen . this and the Nades inconsistency.

2 Likes

Yeah! I’m a victim of that mechanic … when you cannot longer be safe to take cover for a second you know something is not right in the game smh.

2 Likes

Agree it’s bad enough the cover is terrible in this game, now you have another TC special to deal with.

2 Likes

It’s not a mechanic, just broken gameplay, but yeah it really makes the game unenjoyable

5 Likes

I rather play Gnashers KOTH! at least I see who is shooting me from all directions

1 Like

I had no idea of this and now im gonna run into the lab and practice.

I had done it successfully before slowly with right hand advantage by peeking around the right type of corners but never thought it can be done fast like as if it’s an extended up A…can agree will be loading some private matches to try and perfect this

The percentage of players who can actually execute this move with a fairly high success rate is small. Now look. You’ve just encouraged others to go learn it.

In my opinion the shot should stay because as I said there’s a very small percentage of the entire player base who know how to do it well. If everyone knew how then I might feel differently. I guess it’s sort of like a bonus “skill” you get rewarded with after playing the game for so long, observing, and learning.

I’m curious what the majority of esports players and such feel about it as they encounter it all the time.

2 Likes

I agree wiTh you on this tbh I know it’s not a general consensus for it to stay but if ur that skilled and have practiced it a multitude of times to perfect it then so be it and it’s definitely not like every corner u post up at it’s gonna happen to u…I think it’s cheap to noobs just starting but then again that’s the point and reason with gears being so different is it’s high learning curve compared to point and shoot like COD and that’s why I love gears so much…I don’t consider it cheating or broken at all…if people think so then maybe then need to relive some gears 1 Kung fu flipping and crab walking as that was some cheating bs to encounter :joy: no matter how fun it was to watch and do back then

2 Likes

The problem with this is that it’s ping based they can shoot you from around the corner without facing you at all it really is broken. Like why the hell would they add it? It really makes the whole cover based system of this game obsolete. Might as well just not take cover if it doesn’t work right? 10000% support OP.

2 Likes

Most Onyx and up players can pull this move off regularly, its easy. A basic Up A while turning your look camera towards the enemy. For the offender, its not ping based, its more sensitivity based. Whether you like it or not, thats up for argument. But if i was the OP, i wouldn’t expect anything different in that clip. I would of done the exact same thing to an injured opponent bailing behind a small cover. And to be honest, I’m surprised you didn’t expect it this late into the games development. You had a couple different options there to counter it.

1 Like

This is why it seems like you die out of nowhere.

The person with a ■■■■ connection sees what you see in my demo clip above… But the opponent will just see what’s shown in OP’s clip. Magic Insta-gib.

2 Likes