The word META being used

I am genuinely curious. Hearing that word META what does that mean?

Is it having to do with the games mechanics before updates or something?

(Please go easy if this is something I “should” know) -___-

1 Like

Used to have a different meaning; nowadays it’s Most Efficient Tactic Available.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

My understanding is it’s the consensus card loadout and/or strat, team setup/way to play on PvE among most good/great players. For example you could say the “meta” for Nomad is to use the cards concussive shot, nomad armor, menace, faze, execution shield. You could also say an example of a “meta” horde team is Demo, Tactician, Infiltrator, Marksman, Mechanic all using their “meta” card loadouts, of course.

1 Like

I feel like I should have been more specific with my question and said something to the extent of, “what does the word META mean in regards to Gears”. Figured I didn’t have to be specific, given I am on the gears form… haha

Haha same here

That’s like 90% of my time on here

1 Like

This makes a lot more sense. Thank you kindly :grin:

1 Like

Still applies so I don’t really understand your response.

I guess I was expecting an answer with an example regarding gameplay or something. Not the actual definition. Hence my response.

4 Likes

It’s meta to active tbow before using it because it charges faster
It’s meta to active longshot to increase magnetism
It’s meta to Up-A someone hiding on the edge of a wall

Say there’s a skill card for Marksman in horde/escape that pretty much gives you Veterans ultimate which is a simplified aimbot. You are not going to use Crit Parade anymore because you’ll be able to clear majority of the wave with this new skill card. Using this skill card would be considered Marksmans new meta.

don’t kill me pls these are just really bad examples

1 Like

I only heard this term on Yu-Gi-Oh! on official matches. It’s like a way you can play more effectively or something like that.

1 Like

It’s the meta bro

2 Likes

Meta (most of the Time for every Game) means people are just not used to Players using others strats/classes to Win.

Alot of Players are still stuck in the old Meta of “we got to have a JD/Demolition in order to win” -
in Horde. While my Team does better without that Class on EVERY Daily or whatever we play ANYTIME.

1 Like

To add, keep in mind that meta is just whatever gamers think the meta is, in that moment. You will see metas change as players start thinking outside the box and find clever ways to use overlooked features/skills. Also, just because something work for someone else’s skill set doesn’t mean it works for yours. One of my favorite things to do is frag out on non-meta picks, just to show off.

1 Like

100% this^

2 Likes

Like you pretend to know what winning is. Or capping. Or getting embar.

4 Likes

This is one reason education fails. Too many people nod their heads and pretend to understand to save face. Meanwhile only like two people actually learn anything.

3 Likes

I do this in terms of either pop-culture references or in matters that I don’t really care enough about to delve into. But otherwise, yes, asking questions and making sure you understand definitions is very important.

2 Likes

Maybe we shouldn’t use META words!?

1 Like

Or conversely, you instead learn to better decipher context clues and figure things out for yourself, which is helpful in it’s own way.

2 Likes