The way you rank up

I think the rank system is terrible. With the way it’s currently set up people can be carried to a rank they shouldn’t be in. I know some people that are not that good and they knowingly admit it, but now they can go 0 and 15 and still get ranked the same as their team mates.

1 Like

You’re so salty cause you know I’m right. tenor

Well, since you or some other scrub cried to a mod I guess you win this round!!

I agree, the ranking system is broken, I’m stuck in silver 3, it doesn’t move when you win but it goes down -400 when you loose, They need to fix this ASAP, it’s a joke. I thought gears 4 ranking system was bad this is even worse if that’s even possible

2 Likes

Do you go up when you’re in the top 1% of your current rank, or the top 100%?

1 Like

Yeah it has to be messed up. Been stuck in Silver 1, but I perform well and the people I’m playing with are often two extremes. Either they’re amazing and shouldn’t be in Silver, or they’re way lower skill.

Just had a match where I wiped the entire enemy team and won the match single handed. They didn’t even know what was going on. Then the next match I’m against people who are at least Gold. Another match was highly skilled and around Onyx level in Gears 4.

It’s crazy. No predictability. No consistency. Everyone is just tossed together.

3 Likes

1%

2 Likes

Thats because you are not playing vs people with your same level, at least not all of them like in GOW4. The only different thing is that you dont see their ranks at the end so you can not complain about it.

3 Likes

Just you then clearly your getting carried and not placing high up on team.

1%

The lower top % you are is the more you’re surpassing others im the tier. Like being in the top 75% of players is a majority but being in the top 24% of players is a smaller pool of players and being in the top 1% is the smallest pool, cream of the crop for that tier.

1 Like

Cheers! I’m currently 16% silver 2, so I guess I have a bit to go before promotion.

2 Likes

Yea and I was like why does this not fell like a silver game now I know and know y I’m ranked so low when I look at all my friends that go from gold 3 to diamond are at silver 1 and 2 …I’m now at silver 2 13% .lol one game I got mvp and was - in rank i was like wtf i was mad then I just laughed all I can do right till everyone settle in.some of my games feel like oynk 3 to dia …the only thing I dont like it’s the slow feel and movement like It takes time for things to happen when I hit the buttons and all the bad connections and I’m always at 5 - 30 ping.

Im losing points getting MVP and losing points on wins with a good kd/score. OK

3 Likes

This just isn’t true. I just got MVP and lost points, not for the first time but im mad as hell so had to come on here

3 Likes

Everyone roughly is around Silver/Gold even the pros. Its the way they did it the best will get it and the worst wont.

Do we have the same rank tiers in gears 5 as we did in Gears 4?

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Onyx and Diamond?

Yes

1 Like

Yea I’ve had the same problem, idk what I’m supposed to do.

Edit: Nvm this system is really bad now that I’m in Silver 3.

1 Like

It’s entirely performance based. It is like trueskill in that it is very accurate over time with a good amount of data. You don’t need to focus on the small game to game changes just the overall rank after a good amount of playtime.