The Truth behind Gears 5 (Read this)

The funny thing is it was fast at launch. But that speed was a bug. Fixing the bug made everything slower.

The mess would be 2 piece(which became irrelevant later), ppl glitching out and host advantage that’s it, eveything else was perfect(maybe lower ammo capacity for the hammer of dawn), I would love a remaster of gears2 so I can enjoy another decade of gaming.

1 Like

For anyone looking back at Gears 2 pvp through rose colored glasses:

1 Like

Dude we are talking about the overall game mechanic , all those issues can be easily fix now, like I said game was not perfect but it was what a gears game is supposed to be.

1 Like

No it wasn’t and that bug was never fixed,

CMS (Character movement speed) was never changed and rolling was fasting than running from launch until eternity.

1 Like

Who’s the arbiter of this? “What a Gears game is supposed to be,” is just as open-ended and debatable as “The meaning of life.”

1 Like

It is slow compare to the new games(2008vs 2019 or 2016) but at the time I was able to play fast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hyXLa6GMc do you see me playing slow as you said?

1 Like

First of all how dare you

I don’t take kindly to being reminded I am wrong

3 Likes

3 Likes

At the time 12 years ago it “fast”. But each game got faster for the most part.

Even watching that clip it looks SO BAD. It looks slow and clunkly. Look at the way your character was sliding to cover.

The arbiter are the games that made the franchase which were gow1 and 2.

NO, NO, NO this is MINE. DAMN IT. lol @T0NY_HAYABUSA come get your boy

2 Likes

Also it is the spectator camera which doesn’t accurately depict the gameplay experience

How the hell are they supposed to speak for the franchise? Just by copying them? The game does need to evolve at some point.

1 Like

The character is looking like that because it is a guy spectating me, but hey it is a old game, I would love a gears2 game 2020.

Well you’re in luck because TC has said many times that they are not going to make a Marcus Fenix collection or Gears 2 UE,

A lot of us would love a Gears 2 remake

But the problem is that it
a) looked clunky as sh%t
b) didn’t show you actually trying to get anywhere
c) didn’t include comparisons to any other game

1 Like

That wasn’t that fast… anyone could do what you did there but it’s still slow. It’s not finesse movement.

Also, one thing I did notice in that video is you obviously had host.

Now you sound like an 06 vet

2 Likes

Oh snap son!

The days of bridging host are thankfully gone. I remember the lone Mexico player getting host and the other 9 would roam around with chainsaws ready because nothing was synched at all unless you were the host.