The Truth behind Gears 5 (Read this)

WTF are you talking about? Are you saying because gears has emotes now that they are a Fortnight copy? They are nothing alike.

2 Likes

Fornite is based on PUBG as @Nineteenth_Hour helped explain and are both Battle Royales, Gears 5 isn’t a F2P BR. I don’t see how it emulates Fortnut other than the Store, but that variant of Storefront in video games has been around some 5 years.

1 Like

Actually Fortnite was announced a while back as a stand-alone Horde style game. You would work as a squad, collect materials, and build your fort to defend against monsters. A third person Tower Defense Game.

I was even looking forward to it when it was first announced but lost interest because it spent so many years in development. They added the battle royale mode when that became the fad in gaming. PUBG released a year before Fortnite so Epic had plenty of time to finish adding battle royale.

2 Likes

Well yeah but the Battle Royale mode did take inspiration so much that Player Unknown tried to sue. And eventually the BR did overtake the PvE focus.

1 Like

Agreed that’s my point. That Epic went with the fad. Just backing up your statement :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yea i was looking forward to it too, but of course the BR system had to demolishe the whole project into something unrecognizable

no probs man but your point holds well in regards to the beatles :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I lost interest in FN way before even PUBG came out.

1 Like

Yea it disappeared for a while

1 Like

Exactly. FN was like my Half Life 3.

1 Like

All this HL 3 crap I just want TF3 or Portal 3.

Sadly Valve doesn’t know what the number 3 is.

Epic will become like Valve. No games other than FN. They built a platform with their store which is more lucrative than building a product.

And just to clarify I have not played any half life games. But I have played TF2 and both Portals.

And then EPIC’s store is trying to dig up Steam’s territory, even though it’s arguably a worse site.

Same bruther. I have the Orange Box. Only ever for TF2 and Portal.

Lets not also forget that Fornite really started to gain momentum after it became a meme

2 Likes

Gow2 slow ok buddy I can tell you are not good at the game, Gears2 was not perfect but the game is the best gear ever created.

I would agree in terms of story, maps, and horde. But PvP was an absolute mess.

2 Likes

Uh I’m sorry but Gears 2 didn’t invent Gridlock.

Oh yeah Red’s in this thread.

I mean yeah bro Gears 2 is the GOAT because it didn’t invent Gridlock. That map is the worst bruh.

2 Likes

Read this for a list of all the problems Gears 2 had.

It took Epic 2 months to fix the “invisible player” glitch.

Lag was so bad you couldn’t even find a match.

The game was full of hackers in launch week

Have you gone back recently at all to play Gears 2?

I f%$king love Gears 2 but its slow as sh%t

1 Like