The state of gaming

I’ve recently have taken a break from gears and been trying to play other shooters and games. After the disaster that is 2042 and getting bored with infinite, I’m back on gears 5 and having fun. Has anyone else experienced this with the current gaming space?

1 Like

Having a break is always good to avoid getting burnt out. I don’t play GOW5 as much as I did, but still fairly regularly, but have been playing other games too - a bit of Halo: Infinite, Beholder, Ori and The Blind Forest, Streets of Rage 4… will be starting Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla soon too.

2 Likes

Went back over to play other titles like The Witcher The Wild Hunt and Dying Light. I have achieved everything I set out to achieve in this game and now I just play the odd time instead of completing the dailies and what not.

There is not much in terms of gaming for me right now but there most likely is since I ain’t playing anything new and mostly old titles because I know them and enjoy but with the releases of games in horrible states and having to wait around for a patch and what not I’m kinda meh about gaming these days.

2 Likes

Yes I took a break from Gears (still am) when D2 The Witch Queen came out and a few other games. Its good to take breaks.

1 Like

Gears gameplay is mostly a fix for me. Until I play something that gives me the same serotonin as wallbouncing, Up-A and wrapshots I’ll continue going back to it long as I can. I really only need to play it 40mins~1h a day.

7 Likes

The problem with “the current state of gaming” to me is games as a service. They’re all designed to milk your time, and I only have so much time to be milked.

I prefer focused, story-based games, fighting games, or Gears. I don’t really have room in my schedule to take on all these season-based shooters and various games with rotating marketplaces and timed content. And I’ve never cared for FPS games as much as the stop-n-pop fluidity of Gears’s third person shooter gameplay, with Destiny being the one exception until I finally burned out on the grind.

6 Likes

Very true words

1 Like

(Me as I stare at my 87 installed games, 90% of which I’ve never finished or started)

“Wish I had something to play”

But seriously I’ve been having a decent amount of fun playing gears 5 PvP and escape. Still prefer gears 4 PvP though

3 Likes

I agree. Games as a service is killing the shooter genre. Hell, traditional call of duty has been dead since cold War thanks to warzone. I don’t have time to make unlocking cosmetics a 2nd job *looks at infinite
I’m currently playing through the original gears trilogy with my son and also been pleasantly surprise with mgsv phantom pain and ghost recon

2 Likes

I enjoy Gears of War, always have. Gears 5 PvE is great. But I very much look forward to playing something else to break it up. My commitment to the achievements prevents that but luckily there’s only the Versus lot left.

It’ll be nice to return to Batman: Arkham Knight and start Resident Evil 8 aka games that can be paused :joy::baby:.

6 Likes

Yes, enough Dragon Quest games to keep me entertained

3 Likes

Sometimes Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
My fashion sense on that game is pretty bad! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve be playing a lot of breakpoint too. I usually have realistic outfits but I always keep one slot open for a fun outfit :rofl:

2 Likes

I only play about 3 hours a week. Gears 5/ 4 is enough for me.

In the meantime, I need short adrenaline-packed arena shooter matches.
No hours to go after a grind in open world and then get shot from behind. Halo is too bad and there is no new UT or Quake or CS :frowning:

2 Likes

Is there any good third person shooter in PC!? :innocent:

I just fired up the ol’ Super Acan for some Fun(tech). None was had, and I have 5/6 of its full game library.

Although this era of live service dress sim trash, is, well, trash (often complete and utter), there have been worse times haha!

Such a good game. I was really happy the game was really good and not half a*sed like the "remake: of RE3 that was made.

2 Likes

I’m torn between buying the new Skywalker saga first or buying Arkham knight. I beat asylum and city already. I’m just trying to find all the Riddler trophies at this point.

2 Likes

The Skywalker Saga is funny going by YouTube videos but…it’s Lego. Which isn’t exactly bad but when you compare it to Batman: Arkham Knight there is no competition!

Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.

WHAT?!

I have four fully complete save files on Asylum, City, Origins, Knight and the Remasters. Including Riddler Challenges. What’re you waiting for?!

I know, I LOVED the original once so was insanely hyped for this remake. Shame it could’ve been DLC for Resident Evil 2 Remake.