The simple and immersive omens

Im sorry but they have got to give us a third option for hit damage omen.
Sick of seeing a RED SCREEN 75% of the time.
Just watch gears esports and it says it all.
You are literally watching a red some what transparent screen. You cant even tell wht is goin on half the time and enjoy the choas that is going on.
Im sorry. You guys tried but it isnt working and hasnt been working.
Point blank. IT SUCKS.
Whats the point of having all these insane graphics and you cant even take advantage of it because the screen is red almost the entire time.
PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD OMEN OR GIVE US A THIRD OPTION PLEASE.

This is a big problem.
Cant imagine someone tht has never played gears and stumbles upon gears esports and proceeds to see a red screen thee entire time. Wonder how long he would end up watching before he says. F this.

12 Likes

Agree, I think most of the community misses the traditional omen. I still believe it bothers TC that EPIC is still associated with this game in their minds and they’re looking for a we created that moment. I think the 2 top things TC messed up on for basic stuff was the RB for chainsawing and the omen change.

TC’s slogan as a company I believe is “if it’s not broken we’ll break it. “

@the-coalition @TC_Octus

10 Likes

That effin red filter, it’s my main issue with it being somewhat (not much) red/green clolour blind it somehow literally screws up my vision the moment the filter appears.
Even with the simple omen on they havn’t turned it off, just dialled it down. Which basically means it is slightly less crap for me, but still messes with my vision.

I absolutely HATE the filter. I don’t get how tc can’t understand how a coloured filter, no matter how much they tone it down or tweak the opaqueness of it, it is the colour that is the problem for some of us!

From my point of view the colourblind settings should resolve this , but no, still red. :man_facepalming:
Just change the colour TC!! FF S.

Sadly it is clear that they prize their “vision” over having playable mechanics and even from letting visually impaired customers enjoy the game without unnecessary visual hinderance.

Never thought about how it affects my watching the streams. Maybe that’s why I give up watching after 5 mins. I don’t really watch the game in the dev stream either and find myself sticking to the chat. it probably just strains my eyes when watching a few mins of the normal omen.

2 Likes

@buscobuzzy

Agree on the chainsaw sstart with RB and theyn have to switch and spam the B button. so bad

half the time i can not see whats going on in close range battles . I turn off core , but a better omen heath would be great why not a heathe bar?

2 Likes

Immersive omen forever.

That must be your slogan. TC made the right choice making the omen the way it is. They even gave people who cant handle the glory a simple omen. The chainsaw change is good, had to be done for melee and executions.

1 Like

The controller and omen changes are bad in every conceivable way.

4 Likes

Def your opinion and I think for most players it’s a disaster. The lancer jams more now than ever and many times it doesn’t respond.

They’ll never be a perfect solution for everyone.

1 Like

Agreed, TC has proven time and time again that they’re nothing short of incompetent.

4 Likes

I dont find any issues with it. I can see just fine. It feels like people on these forums just want everything to be the same as before. Whats the point of a sequel without any changes, the other half i think just like to complain.

I still can’t figure out how hurt I am when I get hit, while the old omen from previous gears was a lot easier to tell

2 Likes

But what’s the point of changing the controller scheme which the loyal players have become familiar with from the start? Has halo done it? COD? No. This is a pure example of how little TC understand the players who spent the cash to build the franchise in the 1st place.

8 Likes

Ummm i don’t play COD but halo has changed its controls over the years.

Changing control schemes in a series just because you can never makes much sense. That’s why I loved Borderlands. They took the long familiar Call of Duty controls so jumping into that game had no learning curve and it was fun.

Fix what’s broken; Not what works.

Call of Duty , Borderlands and even Gears1-4 did it right. Core mechanics stayed the same all the way through and new functions were added along the way without interference to what was previously learned and incorporated into muscle memory. People are hard wired for that kind of learning. It’s easier to add to a habit rather than trying to remove one.

2 Likes

I also don’t see the issue with the omen. I am colorblind according to the eye tests but I can see through it just fine.

The controller layout on the other hand is still an issue. The spot enemies button should be moved to right stick, clicking the left stick should be the knife melee they added, the B button should have stayed the same as always an elbow or the chainsaw depending on weapon held with hold down B for execution added of course. They could even leave the elbow out and simply change hold down B away from DBNO players to be the chainsaw for the lancer if equipped and leave all the other weapons the knife swipe. Then they would not have to change the stick layout or emote selector.

I think the emotes should have been put on hold down the reload button because using emotes takes players out of the action temporarily anyway just like reloading.

This would stop players accidental emote activations and force at least players that clinch the sticks to spot enemies they are engage in battle with.

It also feels more natural to hold down the RB button because the tac-com is activated by holding down the LB button.

The simple omen has been a vast improvement over the original immersive. I’ve gotten quite used to it actually. Personally, it’s not that overbearing like others feel. I can still read how much damage I’m sustaining with the redness toned down and the newer hit markers, including the added yellowish color for taking shots from an active, are good too.

On the side topic that’s been in this thread, I agree. Hate how the chainsaw is the same as the reload. This was a design choice bc of the stupid expansion on melee combat in this game. It’s terrible. Go back to B button melee/chainsaw.

Side note: there is a new control scheme on the way, mostly being designed around moving buttons dedicated to movement to their own individual buttons, that should hopefully address this and give us the chainsaw and melee separate from the reload button.

Do you watch gears esports.
Thee entire time your watching? The screen is dark transparent red. It irritating as hell. And thts just watching. Playing is even worse.
I dont have a problem with them trying to change it from the old one. But it has to be better. Or atleast on par.
IF IT AINT BROKE, WHY THE F WOULD YOU FIX IT.

NOW IT IS BROKEN

2 Likes

You might need glasses man, i can see just fine.

Vision has nothing to do with it. Stop taking up for the damage hud when you know its ■■■■. If you think this new hud is better than the old ones. Then your the one with vision problems.

You’re supposed to play the game, not watch other play.

2 Likes