The reason for the change of Macs face

“He looked too nordic…”

Around 82minutes into the current live-stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WleJqBH4qRg

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

I know, it’s a case of don’t fix what’s not broken. Yet here we are.

8 Likes

How does it make it through all the testing prior to a games release?

Now he will be called Leslie McNugget

1 Like

If I hear them say “ya know” one more f’n time… I’m gonna lose my $hit.

My god… I know ppl use filler words depending on where they’re from… “like”, “ya know”, “right?”, “wicked”… but come on… Arian (dude with grey beard) just kept using the “ya know” phrase every other few words and halfway in that’s all I could hear anymore.

Also, dumbest decision about macs face change. The voice actor didn’t sign up to play someone who looked like that? Are ya kidding me?? The voice actors are shown rendered pictures of what the final version will most likely look like when they’re recording VO’s. You mean to tell me all past voice actors had a choice in how their characters looked across all mediums of voice acting? If that wasn’t the biggest bs line I’ve ever heard, then idk what’s going on.

Changing characters during the games lifecycle is just dumb. You shipped Mac looking one way, you should’ve kept him that way. I can’t unsee his stupid mouth every time I scroll across his character in my inventory now and I’m sorry to say I don’t use him anymore because of it. Is that wrong?

7 Likes

JD’s voice actor: “You now what? I truly hate Fortnite! And JD is looks like that stupid Fortnite guy! Please change his look!” :grin:

3 Likes

Paduk’s voice actor: “How ■■■■■■■ ugly is Paduk! Unacceptable! Release a more younger and sexier Paduk!” :grin:

Anthony’s voice actor before Gears 1: “How ugly is Anthony! Please put a helmet on him! Put helmet on every one of the Carmines! Oh… and just him. Kill every kind of Carmines! Carmines must die!” :grin:

Kaits voice actor “Kait looks too much like a boy, make her more girly!”

1 Like

But his face in the new Hivebusters dlc trailer looks like the old face?

2 Likes

Well now he looks constipated. Well done, TC.

2 Likes

Seriously? Wow. Just wow. Nobody was ever complaining about the face and it looked perfectly fine and then they change it because it’s “too nordic”? Good god. I have no more words.

2 Likes

Wow, what the F…

But if the reason is “too nordic” then the reason itself is racist, am I right!? :thinking:

3 Likes

They used minhs face model for Anthony carmine

Racism from the popular understanding of the word only applies to minorities populations that have been oppressed. That’s why no “nordic” person can really pull that card, cause no “nordic” society has been oppressed by a minority within their respective countries. Not trynna start anything political but just my take on your claim. Still slightly wierd that’s how they felt and that they felt the need to word it that way… odd times all around
I am a “nordic” man myself so if anything I personally am a little insulted but if they were trynna add more diversity to the character because of this and current times, I dont think they really hit the nail, cause he still looks “nordic” as ever, just not how he originally looks. Wasted time and effort all around but what do I know about the gaming biz.

2 Likes

I always thought Mac should be Khajiit.

2 Likes

That’s not how racism works and has nothing to do with the topic.

Keep your politics out of this thread, kthxbai.

7 Likes

Like, he looks decent in the dlc trailer cutscenes from what we can see, but in-game jesus he looks a right mess.

1 Like

Racism is super simple to understand if you treat anyone negatively because of their race it’s racist doesn’t really have anything to do with who is what color certain racist groups just try to say it is something else to justify their hypocritical nonsense but let’s try to keep that out of gears

6 Likes