Gears Forums

'The Official Book of Wall-Bounce': "Finally! after years of game-testing, I solved the mysterious mechanics of wall-bounce!"

esports
othercreations
storyandlore
versus

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #21

You are getting warmer detective. Keep it up👍

(SM0KIN D4BS) #22

Why do I feel like ur trolling him so hard

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #23

Shhhhhh. I wanna see how long we can keep this up

(LordShepardT) #24

Right behind the ears and temple, I have a holy souly temple, that surely resembles shirly temple, with the diversity & nuance of salt & pepper, a cursed verse never rocks my boat off kilter, from a board or any abode; nor can an weilder ‘tan my hide’ from a spank , ‘apple pie high in the sky’ is still in my tank, just ain’t only swimming w/the fishies dieing naturally under the weather, & over yonder an estate of pocket full of sunshine left behind yet sublime w/my neon count sub-dime, more like 9, inners went to science to dissect the unraveling jest of death w/ disassembled disavowed pride & will in tact but thee stench of dieing dying corpse color still a fact.

No problem boys I have the innocence like shirly temple; just rate this above verse out of 10 if you can. I thought about after watching shirly temple movies w/grandma.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #25

Oh gracious. I’m lost

(LordShepardT) #26

I think good gracious is more southern of a response

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #27

Well, I’m from redneck country

(LordShepardT) #28

Replying later I guess got to go to granmas now didnt expect you to reply so fast lol but its cool cant be late to grandmas.
Try rating out of 10 for me plz, I tried to make every word eventually ryme with something somwheres down the line

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #29

Don’t go. Grandma has a long snout and a big appetite

(LordShepardT) #30

I think I would know if Grandma was the big bad wolf or not after all in that children’s book He did have a big long snout but then again, if that child who had the innocence like Shirley Temple, then maybe I wont either; ok figured it out now gotta run away from hotspots and wifi so i dont get distracted by any more of your replys lol

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #31

What the heck just happened here?

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #32

The Clown happened. Thats what

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #33

Well I think you and lord shepard were destined to be friends

(TACO MALL) #34

Can i get cliff notes of this?

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #35

That’s the only explanation

(SASxVEN0MZz) #36

I’m going to have a blast reading this. hopefully I retain some of the points in this and I can improve.

(LordShepardT) #37

The 7th edit i corrected everything but that apparently didnt mean that i was done editing. So with this 9th edit I worded it differently or added more detail so after 1 read, everyone could understand it, b/c some things werent before this 9th edit; now whether you can maintain it all is ‘another story’ lol.
Neithertheless try reading it now. I’ll appreciate it & I think youll understand this one better b/c its more understandable. Thanks anyhow :slight_smile: eventually im gonna reply to that one guy with cliff notes; but that should be all i need to do pretty much from now on.

(ANDROIDguy) #38

Very well written.

Please convert to PDF for better reading experience

(LordShepardT) #39

Brief Summary:

Ideally always get the angle ahead of time needed to transition to next location, while maintaining the middle alignment, of 2 adjacent walls, (see book) plus having your character position far from center of camera’s screen (character-camera ratio: in book) when at middle alignment of 2 adjacent walls, because to maintain alignment of 2 walls (middle alignment) you need to do your wall cancels and transitions at that spot, meaning pressing A and moving your joystick(s) at that spot as well. Why do you need to do that because the further away from middle alignment, the more your transitions will be more to the side, propelling you in a directional line more to the side and thus slower forward. Why do you got to move camera to the point where your characters off center from the middle of the camera but while still maintaining middle alignment? because middle alignment puts you at an advantage already and the game registers you r character at center-screen, at all times so the further away you are in a ‘character to camera ratio format’, (on these speaking terms) you will have your character reach a farther trajectory transition line from where the character was before.

You only have a slow switch/hold of a joy stick(s), position in wall bouncing, if you want to avoid getting into a wall/walls direction, or want to get into a wall/walls direction. other then that always have a fast switch of joy sticks movement: as fast as it takes to have a fast roadie run directional change and cancel, but now implemented within wall bouncing.

Ideally, always shoot fast out of cover and go fast into cover, with one of the ways the book ‘out lays’ and describes. ( w/a camera spin, w/a diagonal downward on LFT thumbstick, or w/a back A w/aim ) If needed you can avoid getting shot from one side of a wall by staying ‘stuck out’ from the other end of the wall.

You need 2 opposing directions to wall cancel, you can remain in a direction to initiate the 2 opposing directions needed beforehand. In this case up on left joystick, as left stick will register faster then right anyways, so always include the left or have what the left’s doing in mind, as it is the main factor of what or where you’ll go/do next. This 2 opposing direction explanation explains why including all the way up and back directional strokes on your left thumbstick causes a cancel faster then not including that motion. To ‘Suction Bounce’ (see book) you acquire it when changing your character to camera ratio around and ‘drawing’ some help from a body bounce(es). To wall bounce backwards facing forward its acquired by having long or far movement(s) on joystick(s) to propel more side to side rather forward.