The lack of gore

I hate how gears 4 lacks realistic blood and gore in general, even GOWUE has better gore and blood.

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s how it is. No offense, but I’m not too interested in playing with people who are craving gore in their video games. There’s enough ragers and such in this game already.

I say this as someone who loves campy gore films and has a library of them.

4 Likes

What does ragers have to do with gore though?

2 Likes

I gotta agree with the OP here, I hate when a grenade goes off and the body just drops

I’m confused, the games literally filled with gore, it’s gorier than 90% of the games on the market, body’s just drop when a nade goes off? Might wana check your gore settings mate, on my screen they explode into pieces with blood everywhere!

Disclaimer: I pulled the 90% figure outa my emergence hole but I’m sure it’s not a million miles away

4 Likes

I have gore on, Its not all the time but happens enough that I notice it. Happens sometimes when someone gets gibbed as well

Fair enough, I’ve been tempted to turn it off, rumour has it those real bloody moments cause some frame rate drops, tho I just can’t do it, SHOW ME YOU GUTS BABY, I’m not sick…

You should check out a indie film called southbound(2015). Straight awesome.

Checking it out right now. Pretty cool. Love their take on the reapers. Always love it when a director doesn’t need to rely on instinctual psychological elements like shadows but can put something in broad daylight and make it chilling. Really well played.

I personally don’t care much about gore or lack thereof.
Granted, I am a pretty big fan of the Saw films

I recommend DooM 2016 and the upcoming DooM Eternal. It will satisfy.

1 Like

Was really really looking forward to a new snapmap :frowning: ah well for a fun campaign it hits the mark pretty dead centre

I like the amount of blood there is but the gore looks like ground beef mixed with Dom Tom sauce liked it better in gears 3 and 2 where you could see actual organs and rib cages :heart:

2 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

Crazy how everything ties together at the end. It’s a crazy flick

1 Like

I do agree with OneButtNugget. They have a choice to turn it off. Should have one option for turn it up aswell. For the love of gore and executions.

When its already 18+ game just go for it.

1 Like

The blood disappears too quickly IMO.
I feel they should last a while to create a bloody atmosphere on surrounding walls and ground.
There’s no visible organs when bodies are chunked apart.
Even there’s not enough blood coming out of character models.
I also would like if the gore was more detailed when it came to pieces and chunks coming off.
For instance, firing Buzzkill at legs, arms, waist, head, upper body.
They could split up in many different ways.
Same for Gnasher gibs.
If the legs got hit, nothing should happen to chest area.
Something like Gears 2 level of chunking.
I would like my screen to be covered in blood to give a visual effect.
Otherwise, it’s not engaging, immersive or realistic enough for me.
One thing that improved in Gears 4 was character getting smeared and covered but I’d like this visual effect to last longer and not fade.

1 Like

Also add Ninja Scroll levels of spray on headshots / decapitation.

1 Like

Steady on there. LOL but must say I miss the gibbed body ‘heart pump & squirt’ from 3.

Gore ProN?