The Game-chat broke with OP6

I remember the good ol days where it appeared to work but was only actually visible to your own team.

2 Likes

Now I feel super safe!

4 Likes

Yeh is definitely playing up needs sorting out ASAP

@TC_Kilo1062 did you notice this thread yet? Are you guys aware that this is an issue?

2 Likes

that’s interesting, I’m a heavy user of chat in Horde, and last night it felt like people I usually play with weren’t responding to the msgs how I’d expect them too… but some would… so yeah, you might be onto something…

1 Like

Uh…if we are being honest, TC is protecting us from those 12 year olds.

3 Likes

@TC_Kilo1062 3rd time’s a charm.

2 Likes

If you’re not sure if it’s working for you, you could ask someone if they can see your messages. Unless you’re saying it might be bugged for them.

Hello! Having the same issue.
I can’t message anyone on PC, but my friends on Xbox can see each other’s messages.
Maybe it’s Xbox to Xbox, PC to PC only?

1 Like

Nope, Xbox to PC and the other way around works. Xbox to Xbox doesn’t work with 1 person and works with another.

2 Likes

The guy on the couch is me, quietly chilling in my own party chat.

The dude behind the couch is @GhostofDelta2 when he randomly pops on to say “hi” and then abuse me.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this to not get fixed ever. Ektope tried re-installing the entire game and it’s still not working. Theuregic is on PC and we still can’t see each other messages.

THANKS TC NOT LIKE THIS IS AN IMPORTANT TOOL OR ANYTHING!

Yeah at first I didn’t mind that much, but then I realised I can’t be tutored without using the clunky Xbox chat.
Yes, I absolutely do have text chat turned on. I’m on the PC/Steam version of Gears 5 as well.

I’ve sent in a ticket, maybe I’ll get a reply by Operation 26.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is an issue that came with OP6, this has been happening for me and my group since OP2 at least.
It’s no less frustrating now though.

@TC_Kilo1062 can we get any comment on this or is this gonna be another decon-room-thing where it is ignored for months before it gets acknowledged but never fixed?

4 Likes

Curb your negativity mister, you might break the safe-space!

3 Likes

Played horde with 3 people who were Xbox friends, one person who was not a friend. All 5 of us were in Xbox party. When using in-game text chat, only the person I was not friends with could see the text. The 3 I am friends with state they have enabled the in-game chat in the Gears settings.

1 Like

It’s my preferred way to communicate too, since I almost always cue up with randoms and have no intention of listening to one of them swallow their mic whole.

4 Likes

Don’t think it’s even related to TC turning off the gamechat for everyone. The whole thing started with the launch of OP6 on tuesday.

It’s alright though. The absolute lack of communication regarding this and other things is the final push I needed. TC can continue doing their thing, once I’m done with the tour I’m a goner.

Glad their garbage mobile game is still getting constant updates despite not earning them a single penny.

1 Like