The dropshot is the one thing that could save this game

I get it. Its gears 5. Not gears 4. But the one thing that urks me the most about 5 is what they did to the dropshot. I have a crew of 5 or 6 i play with every night. And another 3 or so that come in from time to time. We crack jokes and have fun. We do it for the social aspect of the game. When 4 was out. You can jump that up to a total of 15 or 20 people that were clamoring to play together. We had to turn people away all the time. Because it was a guaranteed win. We were absolutely lethal with the dropshot. Guardians came in and in one shot… One shot. Down. And man, it was satisfying. Incredibly satisfying. A head shot meant a death sentence. Even with lizies card jacked up that just doesnt happen. Please. Fix it. Make it a force to be reckoned with again. Its weak and has no ammo. In 4 everyone got at least 9… You hit that active reload and it would literally hook and head shot people. I dont need a bleed. I dont need fire. I dont need ice. I need a gun that does what it used to do. Put enemies 6 ft under

1 Like

I don’t think we’re going back to that Dropshot but what they HAVE to do is fix the ridiculous RNG selection of damage for the Dropshot between 3,00, 4,500 and 9,000 on the headshot. It should do 9,000 and only 9,000 on every headshot landed.

Those are base damage values fyi.

1 Like

I don’t mind TC reducing splash damage, it was a bit too much after all specially if you played heavy, but the headshot? Getting the drop on a pesky guardian that no one could kill was awesome, even more so if you were the engineer. Taking out a Kestrel from literally the other end of the map?

Now you can land 3 head shots in a row and all the scion would do is say “pesky mosquitoes”. Having also no ammo at all killed it completely.

1 Like