The current state of Gears 5 (2022 Full game review in under 7 minutes)

That was great

3 Likes

That’s what I was saying I was like there’s gotta be some way for SOMEONE to see and be like hey maybe send over over there or get some engineers to look at theses things

Hard to find a little pvp niche game with 7,000 players in the middle of a billion dollar worldwide company

Packers lost to the 49ers, and @SnubbbS hasn’t been the same since
Also, how long has the game been like this? or is it just today?

1 Like

3 Likes

I’ve had no issue. Seen Snub and one other report lag or issues like that…

It’s been no worse than ever before for me.

Btw your video is mis-identifying the Packet Loss for connection issues.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I believe Snubbbs is correct in his video.

The answer TC Sera got given and passed on was demonstrably quite incomplete as it ever doesn’t mention the lightning symbol over the wifi symbol nor that that always (I have tested this repeatedly) kicks in at specific ping thresholds.

Both the trouble to server/packet loss and the wifi symbol each have 2 stages. The wifi symbol kicks in at around 140 ping but if I go a region like brazil (300+ ping for me) then the lightning symbol goes through it as well. The lightning symbol indicates that a problem has gotten worse, not that it is a completely different problem.

As an Aussie that has played on home, Canadian, various US, UK and brazil servers I have had more opportunity than most to test how ping thresholds impact on these symbols. When I lived in rural Australia with packet loss being a massive issue (due to my end or close to my end) I would also see the packet loss symbol, and the lightning version fairly often. I would never have both at the same time, and sometimes it would swap back and forth to having and not having the lightning symbol.

2 Likes

The secret is I know, but with Snubs at this point… I don’t care.

1 Like

Snubs-Derangement-Syndrome afflicts another user.

You have also played on xCloud on a specifically Scottish server. That’s insanely heroic and worth a mention.

Actually saved us from defeat in a round as well :joy:

2 Likes

Played 3 matches and was able to make a new gif

6 Likes

*gets gears 2 flashbacks

3 Likes

I rather go back to having a host instead of servers.

2 Likes

Arms running forward, but legs running sideways?
Looks like Drone* is gonna be a top scorer next season with these training drills.

And xbox wants us to own nothing and stream games ((see…xbox app built in new tv’s)) this is the future of gaming taking us from a model that works to a unstable one that they have total control. Pay that subscription or u cant play oh your internet is out sorry u cant play ((no offline play )) oh ur internet is having issues its unplayable servers are having issues cant play.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m being gaslit, never had issues like this in a game.

1 Like

You may say that, but I guarantee you’d change your mind during the first hosted match.

We all had some horrible experiences with hosts back on Gears 1.

P2P connections arent even bad if theyre hosted from your country. Much rather play on a host than a dedicated server.

I know, I agree when the host is right for me. But I had my fair share of suffering American hosts since UK/EU hosts weren’t too common during the early hours, so that tends to affect my outlook.

Now look what you’ve done! I’m getting Vietnam-style flashbacks of lagging uncontrollably on Rooftops and being killed by the Hammer of Dawn, or humiliatingly by the train on Tyro Station!