The chatbox censorship

Can someone explain why I’m not allowed to put “wtf” or “bullet sponge” in the chatbox in a game where people chainsaw each other, blood is splattered everywhere, and emotes give you the option to call someone a “■■■■■■■” or flip someone off?

Makes no sense.

3 Likes

Yeah its called political correctness gone mad.

Pure lack of common sense.

9 Likes

You can toggle the censoring in the options. That only applies to you, though. Not everyone will have that set.

2 Likes

Ez is also censored, lol.

1 Like

Thats embarrassing

You have to turn off filter in settings.

2 Likes

It’s a filter in your own settings.

I assure you, much worse has been said in chat than “wtf”.

5 Likes

That made me laugh :joy:

I can also confirm what @GB6_Kazuya is saying.

1 Like

Turn off profanity filter

1 Like

bullet sponge would be offensive to spongebob so they cant allow it

4 Likes

You should see the chat box in Spanish
It’s an dictionary of insults and none of them are censored

2 Likes

This shouldn’t be toggled by default though, so my point still stands. Who cares if I can see my own messages, but most other people can’t because they too have never bothered to mess with their settings?

1 Like

I never understood this either. I mean you can not really censor the voicelines of the characters either and even if you could, it would just be an entire “beep”-fest.

Marcus: “Beep, beep, beep, beep, Fahz”

I mean like…

It wasn’t on by default for me, ever. So I still stand on a stilt upon your point.

I believe it was, I likely got you to turn it off immediately.

2 Likes

this is gears, only spanish people play it

1 Like

I’m British and I play gears now and then.

So I can confirm your statement is incorrect factually.

It’s kind of lame. I guess they want to make it a safe space for gamers , free from any conflict or negative feelings.

I think back about the sh*t talking that would go on when I played Halo 4. The pre and post match lobbies could get pretty intense. When they released Master Chief Collection , if I recall correctly they the scrapped the pre and post match lobbies to cut down on the “chatter”. When I see a censored chatbox I’m like “meh”.

I agree , it makes no sense. When you get chunked they have a blood pray that gives you the finger. smh

Maybe it knew me and automatically turned it off.

Either way…I’m still on stilts giving you the :fu: from above.

1 Like

Actually your statement is incorrect factually most likely because you are from EU you play when a lot of the south american players are sleeping. If you were in NA servers region you would understand.