Gears Forums

The broken ranking system turning into unranked?

Yes, please put some paragraphs into this thread. You’ve already learned the first lesson of putting punctuation in it, if you just space some of these lines apart, you’ll have many more actually trying to read it.

And no, this isn’t hating. It’s called giving helpful advice.

I’m by no means a writer. Just an average JOE. There is no need for fancy paragraphs. Just the truth. Sounds like you get paid to be rude. But hey! Thanks Bro!! LOL

Rank isn’t even that important get over yourself, and stick to cod like you said you would.

If you think it’s rude, go right ahead. I only mean good here. All it takes is to push a button on your phone or the Enter key on your keyboard to make your thread more readable. I’m not a writer either. Just someone who puts value into making things readable as this was taught to me. It’s not for things to look fancy, but for people to understand your point better. Truth or not, not many will try to decipher a large, messy wall of text.

Besides, if anyone is rude here, it is you with your hostile response to some friendly advice. Goodbye.

Rank isn’t that important??? Are you sure you play Gears bro???

2 Likes

Tell me who cares about your rank?

So a Gears game with no ranked play or prestige because who cares? Love your logic Bro.

You must not have heard of personal skill or dexterity that you gain from practise. You don’t need a rank to improve. Now tell me, who cares about your rank? Don’t dodge the question this time.

If you want people to read what you write, it’s best to break it up into paragraphs.

Do you guys get paid to troll??? Or is that your thing?

Honestly though, rank was broken in 4. And in Gears before that as well. So logic seems to point to rank not really mattering to most that play. Because sure, my son was a Diamond 4 in Gears 4 and I was only Onyx 2. But I regularly outplayed him. I was MVP more than he was. Ahead of him in the scoreboard very often.

I even carried a team of myself, Onyx 1, and 2 gold and 2 silver to a win over 2 diamond, 2 onyx, and a gold. I was 31-1 in that match. And ranked down to Gold 3 in Gears 4. Oddly in 5 I was ranked higher with 3-2 in a mode than a friend who went 5-0 somehow. And I did not play as well as they did.

If rank matters Gears probably is not your game.

I wish.

2 Likes

Wrong.

It’s just been an unspoken rule since the inception of the first public forum created on the internet. It not only shows that you have put some thought into your post, but also that you are courteous enough to those that read it.

Inb4 d0 y4llz gits p41d to trullz?

I do

Theres ppl here who scroll these forums defending this game more than they actually play it. It’s pretty sad.

Ha. Yea. I agree!!

“no need for fancy paragraphs” made my day! :grinning:

I had no idea paragraphs were so hoity toity.

This forum is filled with trolls. It’s like a Lord of the Rings movie or something. They talk trash about you, and your discussion topic if it’s anything remotely negative about this amazingly unfinished flawed game.

This game is already boring as hell 1 month after release. Gears 4 is more fun and feels so much better. There is not this satisfying feeling killing with the gnasher anymore.

I mean ranks reward you with exclusive skins so of course people care about getting good ranks that is such a stupid question.

I’ve noticed the same issue though, it seems after TC made an attempt to fix the ranking system here, they broke it beyond repair. I’ve heard of people in masters dropping down to silver in only a couple of games despite winning those games.